Chapter 40

"Morning pumpkin." You heard from behind you before you felt someone pinch your waist quickly.

"Good morning." You replied and turned around to see Malfoy's smirk.

"What's that face for?" Malfoy asked.

"What face?" You said.

"Y'know the-" He tried imitating your facial expression to which you chuckled at.

"I'm just tired." You replied.

"You're just tired?" He asked.

"Yes and the whole unbridge being a bitch thing is getting to me." You muttered.

"You really hate her, huh?" He said with a small laugh.

"I really do and you should too Draco she's a terrible woman." You said. You looked at Malfoy and noticed he had some type of shocked look on his face. "What?" You asked.

"You called me by my name." He said. "My first name."

"No I didn't." You defended. Did I call him Draco? No I didn't, oh wait I did! Was that weird? Your head started filling with questions and you began overthinking everything as you tried to think of something to say.

"Yes you did, you called me Draco." He smirked.

"Well that is your name isn't it?" You said.

"I guess, I just didn't know we was on a first name basis, Y/N." He replied, emphasising your name.

"I did it without thinking." You mumbled.

"No no, I think it's time we call each other by our first names don't you love?"

"Love? That's a new one." You laughed and pushed him lightly as you began to walk down the corridor. "Is Draco Malfoy going soft?" You teased.

"Shut up." He said and pushed you back lightly.

You liked this side of Draco. You'd never really seen it before and you most definitely could get use to it, but you knew that this cute side of him wouldn't last especially not with anybody near the two of you.

"So Y/N, are you prepared for the exam?" He asked breaking the comfortable silence.

"Putting my name at the start of small talk doesn't make small talk anymore fun." You chuckled.

"Alright pumpkin, what would you rather talk about?"

"Books." You answered.

"Of course you would."

"What's wrong with talking about books?" You asked with a smile.

"It's just as boring as small talk." He said.

"That is one hundred percent wrong! How dare you insult books like that, I thought I actually knew you Malfoy." You fake argued.

"Back to last names is it Y/L/N? Quite humiliating that you thought you knew me really, isn't it?"

"'Fuck off Malfoy." You said and stormed in front of him.

You turned back to him and smiled as he winked at you making butterflies flutter in your stomach. Why was he so good looking? You asked yourself as you walked away, still with a wide smile across your face.

---

You was sat in the great hall, taking the 'theory of charms' exam. Umbridge was stood at the front of the hall looking down her nose at everybody. You looked back at your test paper in front of you, you couldn't seem to concentrate because of her. Suddenly there was a loud bang from outside the hall. You tried not to turn around, but then there was another, then another. You turned to the door and back to Umbridge who had started to make her way down the middle of the desks. By this time every student in the great hall was staring in anticipation to see what the noise was. 

Umbridge opened the door and stepped outside. You tried to see what she was looking at when a small light came into the hall. A firework. It exploded and you grinned knowing who was behind this. You turned your head to the door again where Umbridge was. You could faintly hear something and before you could even blink George and Fred flew in on their broomsticks throwing firecrackers up. Everybody cheered loudly and threw their test papers in the air. 

Bright, colourful fireworks filled your eyes. You stood up and cheered. "I can't believe them." You chuckled. Umbridge came into the great hall with a look of horror across her face. She ducked as a firework came towards her. Filch came in shortly after she did and he also looked quite horrified.  

You searched for Draco and you noticed that one of the fireworks was heading towards where he was stood. It lingered in front of Goyle's face and you saw Draco back away from him. The firework then started to chase after Crabbe. You laughed as it followed him down the isle. 

You looked back at Draco who was making eye contact with you. He gave you a smirk but it was quickly wiped away when a firework came towards him. He ran as fast as he could and dodged the firework just as it was about to hit him, leaving Draco's scared face imprinted on the wall. You laughed and then turned your attention to the twins who were circling above everybody. 

One of them threw a huge firework up and it created a loud crackling explosion of reds, oranges and blues. The fireworks formed a dragon. "Merlin's beard!" You exclaimed. The dragon moved its way down and it looked as if it was going to attack somebody. Umbridge. The dragon chased Umbridge out of the great hall as students clapped and cheered. 

You watched Umbridge brace herself at the entrance and then the dragon looked like it ate her as it exploded into lots of smaller fireworks. All the fireworks seemed to disappear and it went quiet. All the students including yourself gathered closer to the entrance. Paper fell from outside the great hall and then suddenly all the rules outside the great hall crashed to the floor as Umbridge screamed. 

Fred and George zoomed past Umbridge with a cheer and went outside. "Come on!" You shouted to Harry, Hermione and Ron and began running. It seemed like the whole of Hogwarts came outside as a 'W' was created in the sky from fireworks to represent Weasley. 

"Y/N!" Hermione shouted. You turned to look at her and saw her bent down on the floor next to Harry. Your stomach flipped as you saw the look on Harry's face.

"Sirius."

_________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry for not updating for like a month,but thank you for waiting and being patient. I'm trying to sit down and write because i have the ideas i just don't have the motivation

~Maisie