Chapter 30

Ali Krieger POV

"I'm sorry." Cam says barely under a whisper. I nod ready to accept death as I watch her finger land on the trigger.

"NO!" I yell out and stand up as I see Cameron pull the gun away from my head and hold it against her temple.

"This is the only way I can end it all. Nobody has to get hurt because of me or my past anymore." She says in a monotone voice.

"Wow, I did not expect that plot twist." Jake says all entertained. He still has his gun pointed at Cameron.

"Cameron put down the gun! Your life doesn't get to end like this." I don't know how much more I can beg her to lower the gun from her head. I'm more scared now then when she had the gun to my head.

"Ash needs you. She won't survive without you. She'll never forgive me and I'll never forgive myself. It's better this way." Cameron explains her reasoning.

"I won't be able to live without you." I tell her but nothing is reaching to her. "Please, Cammy. Please don't do this!" It's like life left her eyes. There's no spark in them.

"Okay now that you guys have had your telenovela moment, time's up." Jake interrupts us. "Choose."

Cameron looks me in the eyes, "Thank you for giving and showing me so much love. I love you and Ash so much. Goodbye."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ashlyn Harris POV

Kelley, Pinoe, and I are heading back from grocery shopping. We have food for days now. We also bought ice cream cake for Cameron. Her birthday was weeks ago but Kelley and Pinoe insisted that they wanted to celebrate it again since they missed it. As I pull up to my street, I see multiple police cars down the road.

"Oh there must be something serious going on." Pinoe says and we all agree.

"Wait, Ash that's your house." Kelley says from the backseat. I noticed and pressed my foot on the gas. We get as close as we can and I park the car on the side of the road and run up to try to get information.

"Excuse me, you need to get back to your house." A female cop stops me from getting any closer.

"That is my house!" I exclaim. What the fuck is going on? "What happened?"

"There seems to be a hostage situation going on."

"How is that even possible?" I look around and notice how many cops are shielded behind their cars with guns drawn.

"Someone called 911. There seems to be an individual by the name of Jake Rossi holding Cameron and Ali hostage. He has a gun and is threatening to use it" Jake? The one who saved Cameron? How'd he even get our address? What's he doing in Florida?

My mind is racing. I can't even process what is happening. I feel Pinoe leading me to sit on the sidewalk while Kelley talks to the officer.

"Ash, you need to take some deep breaths before you pass out." Pinoe instructs me.

"What if he hurts them or kills them? I won't survive." I panic.

"Don't think like that. They are together. They will find a way to get out of it." Pinoe tries to reassure me.

"The cops said they are going to enter in a few minutes." Kelley comes over and squats in front of me. "They also said Cam managed to make the phone call and just put it on speaker. You got a smart kid in your house. I'm sure she'll be okay. I'm sure she's helping Ali out too."

"I'm just scared of something-" I'm cut off by the sound of gunshots.

I see police officers run into the house seconds later. I ran up to the female officer who seemed to be waiting for me to try to get into the house.

"Ma'am, we need you to stay here. Let us do our jobs. It's not safe in there." She holds my shoulders. I feel Kelley and Pinoe hold me back as well.

"My wife and close friend are there. Let me go!"

"Building is clear. We need medics in here now!" Someone says over the radio the woman has on. I feel my legs go weak, but I regain strength as I try to push through one more time to get into my house.

Ali or Cameron or both could be shot right now. I can't just wait outside.

A couple of minutes later, I see the cops lead Ali outside. She looks distressed and has tears streaming down her face. The cop lets me go and I run up to her as Pinoe and Kelley are right behind me.

"Ali!" I shout to get her attention. She turns and runs towards me. I catch her and hug her tightly. "You're okay. You're okay." I look her up and down for injuries. There's blood splatter on her body.

"Where's Cameron? Is she okay?" Kelley asks. I feel Ali break down more when she hears the question. No, she has to be okay.

"No, Ali tell me she's okay." I whisper to her. Tears feel my eyes up. I see Kelley and Pinoe's eyes also fill with tears.

"I t-tried to s-stop her. I did the best I could. I promise, but s-she wouldn't listen." Ali says and shakes her head.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hypothetically talking, let's just say I killed off the main character. This would technically be the last chapter and I would call this book completed. But that's all hypothetically speaking, you know.

Also I didn't expect that many of you to react like that to the last chapter. I'm happy y'all found the depressed gang bc of my book (I guess that's a good thing lol). Hope this chapter didn't disappoint.

Much love,
~AK