Part 89

Shyam and Anjali came down accompanied by Arnav and Khushi on the stairs. The four got down and saw that everyone was discussing something interestingly.

Shyam: did we miss anything?

All turned to look at them and smiled.

NK: of course jijaji, a lot you missed. He said and dragged Anjali to sit beside him.

NK: you know what, we, I mean all these old people want some retirement from their responsibilities so thought of working on it.

He earned glares from the people he addressed as old and he shut his mouth.

Anjali: meaning.

Shyam: NK bhai, how can you call them as old? Just few minutes ago they did a ****y performance. Remember?

NK: of course. How can I? How stupid of me?

Arnav: I agree.

Khushi smacked him.

Arnav: what? It's true. He is stupid.

Shyam: okay now. Don't start you both again.

Anjali: tell me. What were you all discussing?

NK: oh that! Actually, he started but mami cut him off.

Mami: we are thinking of to knot Arnav and Khushi this year.

Arnav and Khushi were actually surprised hearing what they discussed. In the room he proposed her for the marriage and here their family thinking the same.

Khushi looked at him and blushed.

Buaji: oh ho, our sanka devi too can blush, ah? She teased.

Arnav: she often does that. He said smirking at her and making jaw drop and widens her eyes.

Garima: you made my daughter completely a girl. She added more.

Shyam: what does that mean chachi? I mean, he didn't get what to say.

Khushi: maa, how can you say that?

Buaji: did you ever behaved like a girl?

Khushi: kya?

Buaji: aur nahi toh kya? Hamesha ladkon ke tarha harkate karthi ho, thikse ek jagahpe nahi thikthi ho, ladne keliye thayyar rehthi ho.

Khushi's jaw was dropped and went to her father and complained to him.

Shashi: jiji, now she is a girl and a well grown up. Arnav chuckled hearing him and making Khushi to stare at him. Shashi smiled at her then winking at others.

Khushi: what do you mean by now? Fine. She stood up and was about to go from there but Arnav and Shashi stopped her from going by holding her hands each.

Arnav: stop behaving like a kid. You are going to get married so behave like one.

Shashi: okay. I'm sorry. He said holding his ear with the other hand. Now sit.

Shashi: we were thinking to get you both engaged before Khushi leave for Paris.

Khushi & Arnav: What?

Shyam & Anjali: great/ WOW!

Mami: Akash and Payal will be coming in two days so no need of informing them now, when they come, will surprise them.

Anjali: cool.

Everyone was happy with the news and started thinking what to do and how.

Suddenly the atmosphere changed and can hear murmuring, laughing and arguing on the share of works.