Her Brothers Friend

True to her word Morgianna began spending more time with Felix. Whether it was impromptu tea parties or reading while he trained she always made sure to spend at least 4 hours a week following him around.

Felix acted as if it was a chore to have her tag along, never failing to call her annoying but everyone in the castle saw how much happier the young master had been. Today was just a regular day, Morgianna and Felix were in the garden a buffet of finger foods and desserts piled on the table between them. A cup of blood tea in Felix's hand and a cup of lemongrass tea in Morgiannas. Neither was speaking, only listening to the serene silence around them.

"I was wondering why you never had time for me anymore." A cold yet pleasant voice sounded from the entrance. Morgianna felt chills run down her spine as she turned and her eyes locked on a pair of blue orbs surrounded by wavy blonde hair.

"Greetings Prince Gabriel Angelis." Morgianna and Felix stood and did a slight bow at his entrance.

Gabriel hid a smirk as he looked at the brother and sister pair with their heads lowered. He caught Morgianna peeking at him and wished to tease her but feared she would run like a little bunny. 

"There is no need for such formality, we are friends aren't we?" Gabriel looked to Felix, keeping Morgianna in his peripheral wanting to see a reaction other than her blank expression.

Felix sighed, he was used to Gabriel's eccentric personality, or at least as used to it as he could be. He knew the angel was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Many girls their age had already expressed their desire to be his queen yet he played with their hearts before declining. Getting their hopes up before he dashed them to pieces like waves on the rocks of a shore. He did not like the way his friend stared at his sister like she was a puzzle that he needed to solve.

"Brother, I shall leave you and your friend to converse." She was just about to bow again and make her escape when two words stopped her cold.

"No, stay." His voice was like ice making her blood run cold. She had carefully avoided any chance of meeting the capture targets over the years, practically hiding at events that they were in attendance at.

She swallowed her displeasure and put a smile on her face as if she was pleased when inside she wanted to scream. "As you wish." She did not even wait for him fo sit before she once again resumed eating her snacks, acting as if he was not even there.

Felix wanted to smack his palm into his forehead at her manners towards the prince but Gabriel found her attitude hilarious. He schooled his features into a blank mask of indifference but inside he was dying to laugh at her childish behavior.

"Prince Gabriel may have my seat while I have a servant retrieve another." He turned on his heel wanting to quickly get the chair and return to his sister's side.

Gabriel smiled down at Morgianna as he sat across from her causing a slight twitch of her eye. She knew he was starting but she was not going to give him the satisfaction of seeing how he affected her.

"Little bunny, why do you always try to run away? Do you not realize it only makes predators want to chase?" At Gabriel's words Morgiannas pastry momentarily froze on its way to her mouth.

She finished eating what was in her hands before wiping her mouth and hands on a napkin and lifting her chin in his direction. "I assure you, even a bunny will bite the being that tries to corner it." Though she spoke calmly as if they were discussing any normal topic, Gabriel relished the fire he saw burning in her eyes.

"Indeed." He chuckled never letting his eyes roam from hers. He could still remember the first time he saw their mismatched colors and how they zeroed in on him and then looked away uninterested in him even in the slightest. He was used to girls throwing themselves at him, even the older women found him extremely pleasing to the eyes. Yet against all odds this girl in front of him not only did not beg to be with him, but tried to leave any time he was near her.

"Tell me little bunny, " he leaned forward putting his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand. "what is it that interests you. I may be able to bring a gift next time I come." He said it so that she would get excited, all the girls got excited when boys bought them presents. Or so he thought.

"I am good without any presents, maybe a new sword for my brother. Since you all are great friends he would probably be delighted upon your return visit." She squashed his idea at the roots, leaving him no chance to argue about getting her something.

He could only laugh at her wit. After all the way she spoke was quick and decisive leaving no room for argument. As a prince he prided himself on his intelligence and being better than those around him but even he was no match for her.

Felix returned quickly to see his friend and sister in a stare-off. Neither blinking nor saying a word and felt uncomfortable. "Here is a chair." He broke the silence but still they did not break eye contact. He placed the chair between them and sat down looking back and forth. "Did he do something to you Morgianna? Tell big brother if he did."

This finally broke the staring contest as Morgianna looked at her brother as if he had grown two heads. "No, he did not do anything brother. However, I am feeling unwell and wish to retire. I hope you have a good visit Prince Gabriel. I will see you for dinner Felix." With that Morgianna stood and without looking back made her way inside leaving her brother confused and Gabriel barely keeping his face from breaking into a smile.

Felix looked at Gabriel hoping to glean some information from his reactions but the blonde-haired boy just calmly drank from the cup in front of him. He did not pay attention that the table was still only set for two and no other cups had been brought, only picking his own cup back up and staring in the direction his sister had left.

"Felix, you shouldn't hide her away from us. I know she is precious to you as you brag about her all the time, but that only makes us want to meet her more." He took another sip of the tea before setting the cup down gracefully and picking up the same type of pastry Morgianna had been eating when he arrived. "Lemongrass and a cherry tart, what a strange but pleasing combination." The last part was barely a whisper too low for Felix to hear.

"I know how you play with girls, I won't have my sister be one of the ones that get tossed away. You are my friend, but she is my only sister." Felix stood his ground. If Gabriel was interested in Morgianna he would have to prove he was going to stick with her or he wouldn't even have a chance to come near her.

Gabriel had just finished the pastry and was wiping his hands. "Felix, you have known me a long time and I would never lie to you. I find your sister fascinating, and I cannot deny wanting to see her again. Now that we have cleared that up, I must be on my way. I was supposed fo head to the palace to see Alistar. Wish me luck." He stood and pushed his chair in nodding at Felix who sat with his mouth slightly agape.

Felix watched as his friend sauntered away, replaying what he had just heard. To be honest he felt sorry for his sister to have so many troublesome suitors.

Gabriel left the castle quickly, his strides long and confident. As he was about to reach his carriage he glanced up towards the castle windows where he felt eyes on him. He could not see anyone but he was sure they were looking right at him. He gave a rare toothy smile and entered his carriage, his thoughts thinking of mismatched eyes. "My little bunny may run, but you cannot hide."

Morgianna dispelled the darkness that she was hiding in and watched the carriage pull away. The breath she was holding finally expelling from her burning lungs. It seems she had really got the attention of someone troublesome.

"Soph, can you have Mathew make me some snacks? A bug ruined my tea time." She turned to her maid with her round eyes and batted her eyelashes.

Sophia was not dumb to believe a real bug had ruined tea time, but she did not correct Morgianna. "Would you like me to get the young master to join you now that his guest has left?"

Morgianna thought for a second before shaking her head. "No, let brother rest, I am sure he has a lot on his mind now."

After Sophia left Morgianna leaned against the window. Her brother's friend was sure to be back and bring trouble with him.