Chapter 3 - Dinner

Was there a positive side to this? Honestly no. As much as he'd love to rejoice over the fact that his ex had never intended to divorce him in such a crummy way, Chris still cheated and was now drawing out a long and painful process that was only hurting everyone but himself. God, how did Ricky ever fall for such a douchebag? 

Glancing at the man driving him back to the office, he recalled how miserable he had been the first week after he found out about Chris's betrayal. Damon was probably suffering through those same emotions, and yet he was putting on the world's best poker face. Sure the guy looked like he could bench press a truck, but he had a surprisingly gentle nature to him that Ricky would never have suspected. That didn't mean he wanted to stay married to the guy just because Chris wouldn't sign some fucking papers.

Pulling up at the office, Ricky opened the door only to have Damon hop out after him. "Are you free tonight?"

"Why?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner with us?"

Ricky's brow furrowed in instant irritation. "Why the hell would I want to have dinner with Chris?!"

Damon was already shaking his head before he finished. "Not Chris. Me and my other husbands. I'm sure they'd like to talk to you about this too."

"Isn't that kind of weird? Why do you all suddenly want to vent on me? You do realize I just want this all to be over with."

"So do we, but we don't really know how to handle it." Damon's pleading eyes drilled into him, but when Ricky crossed his arms,  he stopped and leaned back against his car. "I'm sorry. You're right. You probably want nothing to do with us after everything that happened."

"You mean how you ran off with my husband while we were still married?" Ricky snipped, then flittered his fingers. "I spent years hating you, thinking you took him away intentionally."

"We didn't-"

"I know you didn't know. At least...I know now." Ricky relented, his anger cooling off suddenly. He pinched his brow then and considered his options. He didn't want anything to do with these people, but that stupid demon law meant they'd have to sign that paper once they convinced Chris to go forward with the divorce. The least he could do was meet them and make sure they actually would. "Fine. I'll do it."

Relief washed over Damon as he stood straighter. "Really?"

"Yeah sure. Pick me up at six. " Ricky turned and walked back into the office building, not giving the man any time to respond. 

Back in his office, he turned over the report and realized just how uncomfortable their conversations were probably going to get. 

He face planted onto his desk and groaned, not looking forward to tonight.

....

Right on time, Damon pulled up in his shiny sports car "Hey!" 

Ricky blushed and walked over as multiple passerby's stopped to stare at the fancy vehicle. "Hey, is it just you?"

"No." Damon answered. "The others get off work around this time, so we'll be meeting them at the restaurant."

"Oh okay."

Damon unlocked the door and Ricky climbed in, slightly curious on where his dickhead of an ex was. 

When they arrived, the Valet took Damon's keys and went to park the car. The two made their way towards the entrance when a man came walking out wearing a red button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His dirty blond hair was side swept, revealing a pair of dark piercing eyes.