Humiliation and apologies

"So you mean to say that you got married and that also without telling me!! "

She got up from her seat ready to leave when Ashton grabbed her wrist.

"Oh come on Lorena I told you everything happened in a hurry.....I didn't intend to forget calling you!!"

"So what Ashton! You didn't even call me once in all these years!! And now also you only contacted me just because of business!
You can be such a heartless jerk!"

"Lori come on! I am sorry ! Please!"

"Fine but on one condition....you have to go on a dinner with me...I am here for the first time and I am in a desperate need of company"

He thought for a second before replying.
Wouldn't this be wrong on Elle's part?
They were on their honeymoon after all.

"Oh come on Ashton! We are meeting after so many years! Just for a few hours!"

He smiled and nodded as she jumped with happiness.

..................................................

Elle stood at the window sill staring at the moving cars below.

She was waiting for Ashton for the last 2 hours but there was no sign of him.

She desperately wanted to explore this new town.
It looked so lovely from up there.

Putting on her sneakers she finally decided to listen to her heart.

She was enjoying the street food and the busy streets.
Her eyes shifting from one stall to the other as she looked at the items with a child's excitement.

She wished to buy the entire market if only she could.

Walking out of the stall area she moved towards the elite streets with skyscrapers surrounded her.

Her eyes looking around in search of a good restaurant where she could find their special dish.

Her excitement level was way too much to stop at one shop.
Jumping from one shop to the other she only wanted to taste the best.

But all of her happiness came crashing down when her eyes stopped at him.

There he sat with his head leaned back in laughter and eyes shining with happiness.
Opposite him sat a beauty she had never seen before.
Her perfect smile illuminating the entire restaurant.

She could see people taking hidden glances at them.
Woman were gawking at him and men blinded by her beauty.

They looked perfectly compatible.

But for Elle, the view was like a spark to her earlier sorrows.
An answer to the reason for her loneliness and his preoccupations.

Without a thought, she had barged inside the restaurant to ruin their perfect get together.

As her angry steps stopped near them his eyes lost all their happiness.
Returning to his cold self he glared at her.

"I am sorry? Do we know you?"

Asked the beauty in her fluent accent.

Elle's accusing eyes moved from her husband's to his companion.

"You would not be sitting here and flirting with him if you fuc**** knew who I was!!

Her words surprised Lorena as she never came across a bold and disrespectful girl like her before.
Such a foul language was never used in the high society she grew up in.

Her answer made Ashton see red but he refused to react and made a joke out of himself in front of everyone.

His eyes glared at her to stop from saying anything further but Elle could just not control let anger.