Kabanata 44 - Judicial Duel

Kabanata 44

Judicial Duel

"Please follow this way." A male attendant went to Dale pagkababa niya sa kanyang karwahe pagkadating sa palasyo.

The castle hasn't changed much. Itong ito pa din ang itsura at disenyo ng mga pigura ilang taon na ang nakakalipas. Pamilyar ang lugar na tinatahak nila ngayon. Memoryado na niya iyon kaya naman alam na niya kung saan sila tutungo.

"Your Excellency, I have been informed that the Majesty wants to have a word with you before starting the coronation. Please stay in this room while waiting."

After giving me a refreshment ay agad din ako iniwan ng lalaki. Pasimple kong ginala ang mga mata sa silid.

Bahagya akong napangisi as I saw the papers on the table. The same place I left them years ago, even the ink na tumapon dahil sa pagmamadaling tumayo ay nandoon pa din sa papel at lamesa. Natuyo na at permanente nang nandoon.

Ilang minuto pa ay nakita ko ang pagpasok ni Joseph wearing his robe for the ceremony. But he is not alone. Two more men entered the room. Their silver hair and grey eyes were enough evidence of their heritage.

"Look at that! Our handsome third prince is back."

Napaawang ng labi si Dale. Gulat at ligaya ang nararamdaman.

"Carlos..." He whispered as he saw the man, a few years older than him, grinning at him. Then his eyes shifted to the other man. This one is younger than him, "Cadell."

When they were stripped of their titles, Carlos had taken the status as a knight instead of taking the Duke title. Carlos was the 2nd Prince of the Empire. Cadell was the little prince, the 7th one. The other Prince's was killed, and the Princesses were sent to the other kingdoms.

"This could be a reunion if only Crisselda was here." ani Carlos.

"Carlos." Cadell warned him as he saw kung paano nag-iba ang expression ni Dale.

Lumapit ang kanyang Kuya sakanya to give him a hug. Carlos has the softest features among them siblings. He almost looked identical to Crisselda, their sister who died years ago. He wasn't particular close to the Prince's, dahil ang madalas niyang kasama noon ay si Princess Crisselda at si Gabriel lamang kahit saan pa man sila magpunta. But seeing Carlos and Cadell in front of him felt nostalgic. The familiar feeling how peaceful and carefree their life was before the tragedy happened.

The colorful life that they've taken for granted.

"How have you been, Dale?" Carlos asks him, Cadelle was also looking at him, "We haven't seen each other since you started your guild to take over the throne."

Ngumisi si Dale as he looked at the former 2nd Prince, his brother, "You said it yourself long ago that you don't want any conflict with our older brother. So, I decided not to contact you."

"Even me?" the other man said, disappointment was evident in his voice, "I reached out to you countless of time, Dale, offering you my knowledge and strategies." Cadell raised his eyebrows.

Dale patted the 7th Prince on his shoulder, "Gusto mo bang mapasama sa gulo ko?"

Cadell looks at him seriously, "You are my brother. Even though... we weren't that close, but still... you are part of my family."

"The late Emperor was also your family." Paliwanag niya. "I choose this fight myself, Cadell. I must do it alone."

"Crisselda is dead." May diin na wika ni Cadell, "you fought and fought for revenge because of her. Now what?"