Chapter 3

_Chapter 3_

Elliot Warren

RICKY: 'Be ready in ten minutes.' My phone indicated after blinking up together with his name. I didn't respond since he could already see that I read the message anyway. So, I put on my sweatshirt jacket and grabbed my bag, hanging it on the handle of my wheel chair.

"Are you ready?" Dad said and put some lunch money in my bag.

"Yeah. Ricky will be here any minute."

"Ricky? Sounds as if you get along," he smiled and handed me my black converse which I put on. I just shrugged at it.

That's when someone rang the bell. Knowing that it was him, I quickly opened the door. "Good you're not late. I wouldn't have waited." I rolled my eyes and threw a quick goodbye at my father before closing the door behind me. He doesn't have to know that we were still in that struggling stage.

"Yeah, hi to you, too." We approached a dark blue Volvo as I was checking him out again. He was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans that was hanging loose around his hips and a tight shirt that was showing of his athletic built. On top of that he's tall and has a handsome face. I bet he's got girls lining up behind him.

He opened the door to the front passenger seat and stared at me. "Want me to help you?"

"Sure, but-" Before I was able to finish my sentence I was roughly grabbed and placed on the seat. "For real, can't you be more gentle. It really hurts," I complained and rubbed my now sore limbs.

"You're not a girl so stop whining and tell me how to put this in the car," he pointed at the wheel chair. I bit my lips trying not to go ape-shit at him and pulled the handle from underneath which made it fold together with a click. With that he stored it in the trunk, got in and started driving after we both fasten the seat belt.

As I already said I had attended school once. And it didn't help that I couldn't relate any good memories with it. Now I'm even tagging along with a guy I don't really get along with. I guess, it is reasonable for me to be nervous. I mean, I already have a bad reputation but now that I'm together with Ricky, his reputation sticks on me, too. And if he really did get in a lot of trouble I suppose it can't be a good one.

"Listen, midget," he started a conversation when we reached the schools parking lot. "I don't want you to make it harder for me than it already is, so don't behave like an annoying brat in front of my mates."

"So basically like you?" I crossed my arms and looked out of the window, seeing some students gathering in a chat with others while the other half went in.

"That's what I mean," he groaned. "Look I'm already standing in a bad light, there's no need to make it worse." I frowned, what did I have to do with that. "Just don't behave like a bitch."

I bit my lip and grabbed his shirt pulling him closer in anger. "No, you listen. I don't care about any of that. I have enough on my plate and if you don't like the way I act then you should start changing you attitude first."

He stared me in the eyes with a challenging look that pulled me in a staring competition where I had the time to admire the beauty of his eyes because they really were oddly pretty. It surprised me every time. But our contact broke off when he pulled my hand away from him and got out to get the wheel chair out of the trunk.

He opened my door and wanted to carry me again when I flinched away. "What is the deal now?" He sighed in annoyance.

"I'm telling you, do it gentle. I don't know if you have eye problems but I'm not Apollo." He didn't say anything and just wanted to go for it again when I pushed him away. "I'm serious."