Chapter 36| Rachel

That was a twist! One I did not expected at all.

I keep my eyes closed smiling delighted when he pulls away from me. He is still drawing small circles with his thumb on my cheek and I know he is smiling.

“Ok, then. Kettle I have to go to my next class, will you come?” he says eventually and I open my eyes frowning a bit. “What’s wrong?” he continues the minute he sees my face.

“Nothing. I just…” i sign out loud. “ I have to go see Danny. We need to talk about, you know, her.” i say almost spitting the last word. He frowns a bit and nods squeezing my shoulder lightly.

“Whatever you need I’m…”

“A phone call away, I know. Thank you!” I say and i kiss him lightly once again and I feel him smiling against my lips.

“Well, I’m even closer,remember? An office next door. I’ll be there in a couple of hours or so. See you later, girlfriend.” he says smiling and leaves.

Oh, I’m in so deep!

“You’re such a nerd!” I say laughing and he raises his hand in the air without turning to face me.

“You called it!” he yells as he is walking away down the hall and I begin my way to reach my car smiling all the way..

Ah, love…

Wait? what?

Love?

I stop in my tracks causing a few people to stumble on me snorting annoying but I don’t care.

Oh My God! There is a chance that I’m actually in love? 

Huh! interesting turn of events!

My head is still clouded when I reach the headquarters of the company but the minute I step inside the building everything fades away and I stiff thinking about the difficult discussion that awaits for me.

I drag myself to the elevator feeling nervous as I'm getting closer.

"Hey Linda." I say to my brother's secretary as I hear my heartbeats raising by the minute in the worst way possible.

"Oh hello miss Rachel. Your brother is waiting for you. You can go ahead." She says smiling and nods to Danny's door. I take a deep breath and move there. I knock lightly and after the "come in" I go in.

"Hey." I say faintly and keep my eyes to the ground when I hear steps coming at me and then a pair of soft hands are wrapped around me tightly.

I raise my sight and see a very upset Tina hugging me like her life depends on it. I hug her back and smile.

"Oh, you are ok. Thank God." She signs and lets go off me. "Don't ever scare me that way, ever again!" She slaps my arm looking angry and I'm surprised by her rapid change of mood.

"Ow! It hurt!" I whine holding my arm.

"Good! Let that be your lesson!" She says crossing her arms across her chest with her brows frowned and her caramel eyes furious.

My mouth is literally on the floor as I didn't see her reaction coming. She really is mad!

I'm about to talk when Danny gets up and hugs me as well. Am I dying? What the hell?

"Ok. Stop it with the hugs! You are freaking me out!" I pull away from my brother only to see the hurt in his gray eyes.

"How do you think we felt when you disappeared like that? You even turpned your phone off!" Tina was yelling now and I was starting to get worked up too. I get they were worried but it's getting too much.