Chapter 95

Lady K

Lady K

"Thank you Kora."

Kora let a smile appear on her face as she slowly handed the bowl of water in her hands to Obianuju. Uju took it and dropped it on the table beside her. It was time to give Benjamin a bath and Kora was doing all she could to help. Ever since Jeremiah gave her the location of the safe house his father was in, that was where she spent most of her time before and after school. She wanted to help. She knew Obianuju couldn't do everything on her own even when she had a maid helping her especially since Jeremiah was still setting up meetings with members of the board.

This was her way of being there for him, it was the only thing she could do to support him. She didn't mind at all besides, taking care of people was something she was really good at, plus Obianuju really loved having her around. They loved being in each other's company. They'd sit and talk all day about random things, about school, about the past, one time, Obianuju had even taken her time to show her this album with pictures of Jeremiah at his first eight years. Kora loved it. She loved being there, around the two people she really cared about.

"I'd just get a change of clothes." She volunteered, turning around and hurrying to the wardrobe at the far end of the room. Uju turned to Benjamin, squeezed the water out of the towel into the bowl and started to clean him.

Kora got out after a few seconds.

"Found a really comfortable short and this tee that says 'I love Abuja' on it. I was expecting to come face to face with a closet filled with several pieces in Louis Vuitton, Prada, Chanel, Dior, all those big designer names. Rich people are really confusing."

She smiled as she dropped the clothes slowly on the sofa. Obianuju chuckled, another reason why she loved being around Kora was the fact that Kora always made good jokes that made her laugh every five seconds. It was intentional, Kora did all she could to lighten the mood all the time.

"They sure are." Uju turned to Kora as she hurried to stand beside her and watch her. "Have you had lunch yet?"

Kora nodded. Uju went back to cleaning Benjamin's arm gently.

"I had something from our school's cafeteria."

"I made your favorite, beans porridge and fried plantain. You still like that don't you? You used to love it a lot when you were a bit younger."

Kora shrugged her shoulders.

"Not anymore." She clicked her tongue and shrugged her shoulders. "I stopped eating it after I broke up with Luke last year because it always reminded me of him."

"Oh really?

"It was his favorite food too." Kora drew a deep breath. "But I'd eat yours, your porridge beans was always unmatched. I could never turn down anything you cook for me."