27.) Debating

“I have to show you something.”

“What is it?” I asked

“A surprise.” Kale grinned. We’d just woken up in his bed on Sunday, meaning Jackson and them should be back tonight, after their weekend full of partying in the Bahamas.

I sighed dramatically and stood to my feet. “Okay, well, where is it?”

“It’s in here. Close your eyes.” He told me, hurrying away and before I closed my eyes, I saw him shuffling through some stuff on his dresser.

I waited patiently while Kale continued to rustle through his stuff before finding what he was looking for when everythine silenced.

“Okay, open your eyes.” He said excitedly.

My eyes flung open, searching the room for any difference, but came up empty. Kale was standing beside his dresser, but his hands were empty. “What?” I asked stupidly.

He grinned and pushed a button on a remote that was sitting on the dresser, and because the stereo turned on the second after, I’m assuming the remote controlled the stereo system in his room. And then, I gasped when I heard what the stereo was playing. It was Bubbly, only in my voice when I sang it in the studio a few weeks ago.

“I totally forgot about this.” I giggled.

“Tommy gave it to me last week.” Kale told me with a small smile.

“Why are you playing it now?” I asked, confused. "I figured you'd rub it in my face the second you got it."

“To show you how good you are, since you won’t believe anybody, I figured that I'd just show you.” He told me softly.

“This is about the Fourth of July party, isn’t it?” I asked, forcing myself not to roll my eyes. This was sweet, but there was still no way I'd be singing at that party.

“You get me so well.” He grinned cheekily. “I told you I was going to talk you into doing it. And I am.”

“Well, you can stop trying. Like I said before, there’s no way that I can stand on a stage in front of a huge crowd of people, famous people to be exact, and sing. The singers of those songs will most likely be at that party, laughing at how horribly I'd murdered their songs. No way at all.” I told him.

“There is a way. Can’t you hear yourself? You’re amazing, Holly.” He told me sincerely.

I blushed a little bit and looked down at my feet. “Well, thanks, but-“

“Babe.” Kale interrupted me, causing my tummy to turn upside down. I loved when he called me that, I have no idea why, but I loved it. “You can do it. You have one more week to think about it, just think about it. That's it, okay?”

I sighed and nodded. “Okay, I’ll think about it.” I mumbled, knowing that I couldn’t possibly say no to that pleading puppy dog face.

He smiled and pulled me close, putting a soft kiss on my lips. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I grumbled.

“Don’t pout.” He chuckled, pulling me closer into a tight hug.

“I’m not.”

“You are.”

“Not.”

“Are.”

“Not.”

"It’s okay.” Kale whispered huskily in my ear, making my bones crawl. “You look hot when you pout.”