Chapter 23

Time.

The World's power was to stop time.

Molly felt sick, how were they supposed to fight that!? Sure, her stand, The Heart of Everything, could pack a punch if it had to, but to fight stopped time? How? She was rather hastily snapped out of her thoughts when Mr. Joestar let out a pained yell.

No. No, nonononono. Not again she thought as she spotted the knife sticking out of his throat. The whole street was a mess after what she assumed had happened while DIO had stopped time. Her heart bled, she absolutely dreaded seeing her comrades get hurt.

Hang in there Mr. Joestar she thought, she needed for DIO and Jotaro to move their fight elsewhere so she could properly heal him, she couldn't risk DIO catching sight of her, not yet. After what seemed like an eternity, they finally took their fist-pummelling show on the road. She quickly glid down to Mr. Joestar's unconscious form.

She carefully yanked the knife out, and immediately started healing the wound. She was halfway done when she noticed that he hadn't breathed for a while. With shaking hands she paused, and checked for a pulse. But there wasn't one.

No... She silently sobbed over the older man's body.

"Mr. Joestar, I'm so sorry" she managed to squeak out in between sobs. She should have known she couldn't save them all. But Jotaro, she could still save Jotaro. She gave his hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

"I'll take care of Jotaro, I promise" she whispered before standing up. Swiftly she spread her wings and leapt into the sky.

It didn't take her too long to catch up with Jotaro and DIO, she was faster on her wings after all. She once again opted to observe the situation from further away, not wanting to get caught or get in Jotaro's way.

Time must've stopped at some point, because in the blink of an eye DIO was sent flying into the window of a shop.

Wait, DIO? Jotaro actually managed to get a punch in? Molly inwardly high fived herself, maybe there was a chance after all. Her joy wasn't long lived though, because DIO had very quickly regained his energy and healed the gaping wound in his stomach.

Molly wasn't 100% sure what was going on, but when DIO pulled out a bunch of knives her heart froze for a second. Jotaro leapt into the sky (with the help of Star Platinum) and the next thing she knew, he was trying to fend off a dozen of knives flying his way. But there were too many even for Star Platinum to stop them all, and the next second Jotaro was falling.

The crowd on the street was quickly dispersing when Jotaro's body hit the street. But Molly wasn't taking any chances this time, she was running full speed towards him.

"Jotaro" she softly called out to him while kneeling down beside him. No response.

"Jotaro, come on, say something, anything..." She was barely keeping it together. With shaky hands, she gently cupped his face and brought her lips onto his surprisingly soft ones. Unbeknownst to her, Jotaro was very much alive and it took every fiber of his being to not return the kiss. Goddamn cockblocker DIO.

Slowly, she broke the contact and leaned back, but Jotaro stayed perfectly still. She hadn't noticed DIO watching in the background, but Jotaro had, hence he was still determined to play dead. Hopefully Molly would understand.

"Jotaro, please God, no..." she covered her face with her hands, but it didn't stop the tears from falling. Jotaro could feel his chest getting wet from her tears, he felt extreme guilt. But then, she stopped.

"There is still something I can do..." she whispered, mostly to herself. In an instant, her stand manifested next to her. It looked at her and violently shook it's head, whatever idea she had, it did not agree with her.

"Don't look at me like that Heart, you know I have to do this. I-I want to do this" she quietly said, looking at the stand pleadingly.

"Please" she added, sheer desperation evident in her tone. Her stand could not disobey its master, even though it would cost them their life. Slowly they became one again, and Molly took Jotaro's hands in her own.

"Don't worry Jotaro, I'll fix this. I'll fix you" she softly whispered and looked at his face. He had a bad feeling about this, what was she about to do? She closed her eyes, and focused. A soft glow surrounded her and Jotaro felt a calming warmth overtake him.

DIO had watched the scene unfold patiently, but now he had no choice but to intervene. He knew exactly what she was trying to do. He stopped time and walked over to her, carefully lifting her over his shoulder. He backed up to the same spot he had stood in earlier, and let time resume.

"H-huh? D-DIO, let me down, I need to fix him!" she frantically shouted. He put her down, but held her in his iron grip.

"You would trade your life for him? You'd bring him back, at the cost of your own life? Why?" he looked her right in her eyes, confusion evident in his gaze. Molly flashed him a sad smile.

"Oh DIO, I don't think you would ever understand"

"Tell me" he commanded.

"I love him" she said. This set something off in DIO.

"You are mine! Mine, you hear!?" he angrily remarked, and had The World hold her. He cut off a traffic sign and walked towards Jotaro.

"No please, don't!" she pleaded, but DIO couldn't be swayed. Jotaro had to die, and he had to stay dead. Molly couldn't look. A loud "Nani!?" and an even louder "ORA!" was all she heard, next thing she knew DIO was once again sent flying. The World disappeared and Molly was free to move.

"Jotaro, you're alive!?" she cried, happy tears this time. She ran to his embrace, returning the hug tightly. Jotaro chuckled

"Yeah, you're not getting rid of me that easily" he said and smiled, a genuine smile. He glanced over at DIO, who was desperately trying to stand up, but failing miserably. Half his brain was missing after all.

"Let's finish this, aight?" Jotaro spoke surprisingly gently. Molly just smiled and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so they stood in the Egyptian desert, waiting for the sun to rise. Hand in hand, they watched DIO's body dissipate as the sun rose. They had lost Iggy and Avdol, but in return found each other. They were forever grateful, their brave spirits would never be forgotten.

Jotaro gently squeezed Molly's hand and looked at her with a small smile

"Let's go home". She returned both the squeeze and smile

"Yeah, let's"

FIN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy moly, that was it! We done did it! I'll add an epilogue, but otherwise we done! Woop woop!

If you liked this story, I got good news for ya, I plan on continuing it in another book. It would mean the world to me if you'd take a second to tell me how you liked this story, it is my first fanfic after all.

Thanks for reading, it means the world to me <3