The Last Stand

Favorite chapter here!! I hope you all enjoy it. Leave a comment and a vote❤️
*
Xoxo

Brooklynn stood outside of Connor's cell door, with the elderberry root in her pocket. She reached her shaking hand out, afraid of what she would find in there.

Was the moon goddess right? Was the Connor that Brook came to love still in there? Was he really just moonwashed, even though he claimed he wasn't? Or was he completely fine, and he really just hated Brook?

Both of those options terrified her. If Connor was still salvageable, and he remembered all of the things that he'd said and done to her, he might never forgive himself. But if he wasn't able to be saved, then that would kill Brook.

She shook away her terrifying thoughts, and looked up to the ceiling for a second.

"Moon goddess, give me strength." She said, and then she opened the door.

For a second, she didn't know what she should expect to see. But what she did see made her wolf cry out.

There Connor sat, malnourished and bruised, dull eyes staring back at her. Though he had hurt her, it was killing Brook to see him like that.

"You here to kill me?" Connor smirked, leaning forward as much as he could.

Brook didn't speak as she walked into the cell, instead, she just leaned against the wall, and observed Connor. She really was trying to see past everything that he'd said, but it was nearly impossible. She didn't show how bothered she was, because that's not who Brooklynn Bradley was.

She stared directly at Connor as she started to speak.

"I'm here to get the real Connor back."

Connor let out a wicked laugh, one that made Brook question her confidence.

I don't know if you're right. She thought to the moon goddess, who yet again was silent.

"Like I said before, bitch," He sneered, "I was never moonwashed. I meant everything that I said."

"I don't believe you." Brook replied, trying to convince herself of that rather than Connor. But Connor just laughed again, staring at Brooklynn with such disgust it made her sick. She continued to fight on though, as she walked closer to him.

"Well you should," Connor snapped, "You should believe me when I tell you that if you let me out of this chair, I will kill you. I'll rip you and that baby to shreds."

It took everything in Brooklynn not to reach out and slashed Connor's face. She was no longer sad, her blood was boiling. That came with the fact that he'd just threatened her baby. It didn't matter to her that he was saying he'd kill her, in fact it didn't faze her one bit. But with his comment that he'd made about killing her baby, that crossed the line.

She marched over to him and grabbed him by the collar of his torn shirt. For a second, his eyes went wide in fear.

"Now you listen here," She screamed, "I was really going to be nice about feeding you this elderberry. But now I want nothing more than to stick it down your throat!"

And as she said that, she ripped the elderberry root out of her pocket, ready to shove it down Connor's throat like she promised. But as she went in for it, Connor's hand came out of nowhere and grabbed her by her throat.

Brook wasn't even able to scream, as he stood up out of his chair, and threw her back into the wall. She smacked her head, the sound of her skull hitting the concrete reminded her of a prune being squashed.