Chapter 50

Third person pov

Kirishima broke their fall, hardening a majority of his back and wrapping Harper up in his arms. Her quirk was one of the only ones in class that wasn't physical and wouldn't help her in her landing in some way. Hagakure was in the same boat as her as well, but she managed to grab onto Ochako before she plummeted to an early grave. Harper grimaced the entire way down as her classmates screamed. Harper could feel her headache beginning to form. Honestly, it wasn't a good thing. The direction this day was going was less than ideal.

In hindsight, Harper should've expected this and planned for it accordingly. Where else would they go to have their summer camp? She should've seen it. The property her aunts and uncles owned was secluded and out of the way. It was hard to find even if you knew where it was, and nearly impossible if you didn't. Between the secrecy and the location of the camp, it had all been obvious. Harper just hadn't wanted to accept it. Look where that got her. Blown off a cliff by her own aunt who wasn't really her aunt, but was basically her aunt. She didn't fucking know.

The rubble settled haphazardly. Or that's what it seemed like at first. Harper could tell Pixie-bob had gone the extra mile to ensure none of them were crushed to death. Quite nice, if you asked Harper. Her classmates were a little much to deal with even when they weren't injured. She didn't want to think about the many, many complaints they'd surely have if they sprained an ankle or broke a bone. Barring Izuku, of course. He could probably get shot and wouldn't tell anyone because he didn't want to be an inconvenience. 

Emotions were running high. There was a good moment as all the dirt drifted down that no one moved or spoke. Most had hit pretty hard. Not hard enough to break anything, but definitely well enough to bruise. Harper remained laying on top of Kirishima, facefirst in his chest and not moving. He still had his arms around her too, and his heart was beating so fast Harper was pretty sure he was on the verge of devolving into cardiac arrest. Whatever. She was tired and just... didn't want to do this. Truly, she didn't. 

"They threw us off a cliff!" Jiro sputtered as she pushed herself into a sitting position, winded from the landing. She'd managed to fall alongside Momo, who'd broken their impact with some sort of giant pillow thing. Harper didn't know or particularly care what it was right now. "Holy shit. I knew this summer camp was going to be intense, but this is next level!" 

"She could kill someone with that." Koda noted to himself thoughtfully. Harper wasn't in the mood for his murderous thoughts. Then again, when was she ever in the mood for much of anything?

"I must admit; I was... not expecting that." Iida cleared his throat as he stood up and tried to brush the dust and dirt from his clothing. He only succeeded in smearing it. Harper allowed herself to finally roll off of Kirishima. She didn't feel like moving. "I see... villain attacks will come out of nowhere and give us unexpected obstacles to face! This is just another hardship we must learn to overcome." 

"Harper, your family is crazy." Kaminari said in the flattest tone Harper had ever heard him use. The girl wasn't about to deny that. She probably should've warned her classmates that this would happen. They did the same thing to every other class before Harper's, so it would be idiotic to assume they wouldn't pull the same shit. Oh well. Too late now. "Man, who knew she was related to pro heroes. That's crazy!" 

The air was thick out, and it was fairly hot. Even with the shade the trees would provide, the trek was sure to be miserable. Harper could already smell the sweat they'd all be covered in by the time they made it to where they needed to go. Not to mention the earth monsters Pixie-bob was capable of creating. They were literally the last thing Harper wanted to deal with right now, but beggars couldn't be choosers. Her quirk was less than equipped to deal with them. You couldn't read something's mind if it didn't have one.