Chapter 5 - The Musical

Demons practiced polygamy quite frequently. The more powerful a demon was, the more mates they could have and the stronger their bond was with said mates. However, that didn't give anyone in the marriage a free pass to go full swinger and sleep around with other people. Oh no. When you're married, you're expected to be exclusive to your marriage partners. Even demons follow this rule, which was why Ricky was so uncertain on how to handle his current situation.

Yes, he was technically married to all of them, but did that mean he had a free pass to get away with what happened in the showers with Thomas? The man was definitely eyeing him, and Ricky returned the favor but...Was that okay when they were discussing divorce? 

Ricky shook the thoughts out of his head and tried to focus on his  upcoming meeting with Mr. Black. They were going to be negotiating a price point for Dalton Enterprises. If he talked the price down enough, he could even earn a bonus afterwards.

"Hey Ricky!" Hector's voice cut through his thoughts as he waited out front of the designated restaurant. 

"Hector, what are you doing here?" He noticed Thomas was with him and waved. 

The redhead smiled brightly. "Are you doing anything after your meeting?"

"Maybe go on a grand heist, hunt down some lost Aztec treasure, prove that Hitler never killed himself. The usual."

"Oh good. Then would you mind going on an outing with me?" 

 "A what?" 

"Just for the evening. As friends." Hector emphasized. "I've told you how my husbands don't like Musicals."

Ricky noticed how he said 'my' husbands and not 'our' husbands despite the technicalities. 

"They're boring." Thomas complained, earning an elbow to the gut from the redhead. He doubled over dramatically as Hector adjusted his glasses and continued. 

"As I was saying, my husbands don't enjoy them and you're the only other person who does. I thought maybe we could go to one together? There's a show tonight that I think you'd like."

Ricky seriously considered the offer. He did love musicals but never made time to see one. Going alone was awkward, and going with someone else tends to send the wrong signals, but it sounded like Hector understood that there was an invisible boundary that Ricky was not ready to cross. So why not?

"Sure, I'd love to." He agreed.

It was at this point Mr. Black arrived and interrupted the conversation. "Mr. De'stat! What a pleasure!"

Showtime.

Switching gears, Ricky put on his signature smile and welcomed the business man. "Mr. Black! So good to see you! Are you ready?" 

"As I'll ever be. How about we grab our reservations first?" Mr. Black insisted as they entered the restaurant, giving a polite nod to the two men who bid farewell to Ricky for now.

This restaurant wasn't quite as fancy as the one Damon and the others took him to, so he felt much more at ease here. The business meeting itself seemed to fly by. Naturally he had to talk more about the stock exchange, easing his target into a false sense of security before suggesting a discounted price on the requested software. Mr. Black pushed back against the discount, but Ricky was insistent and reduced the request until the two came to an agreement. The final contract would be emailed by morning.

"You are quite the shrewd business man." Mr. Black pointed out. "So many people suck up to me, upping their offers hoping I'd agree to their ridiculous demands."

"Is that so?"

"Indeed. In fact, I recently had an offer from the Mendova family to merge businesses. They have quite a reputation but...I don't approve of their core values."