Part 31: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

"That wasn't-"

"Princess?"

I paused and did not move an inch. I can feel my hands getting sweaty.

'Arrrggg! Why do I always make the same mistake!!'

I am glad that I can speak and pronounced words better now, and because I am five years old, I can move and act freely now. However, time to time I get conceited and forget that I shouldn't know so much.

"Let's proceed princess! It is your favorite art class."

'Safe!!!'

I blink my eyes to hide my relief, and then grabbed his hand and gave him a little nod.

'I am only five but I can feel wrinkles on my face already.'

.......

"Your friend did not come today."

My art lessons ended and now I am spending dinnertime with my father. As per usual, it is a peaceful meal for us because the Queen never join us except for breakfast. Though it might change soon when the twins graduated from the academy.

"It is art day." I nonchalantly replied without looking at him. I know what kind of face he is making already.

Father, does not like Dia ever since the kidnapping incident. It seemed it gave my Father a trauma. Then, his disapproval against Dia got worst when he met Dia again on my first birthday celebration.

Dia sneaked into the Spade Country and met me at the shed where my Father temporarily left me to hunt some food. He was shocked to come back and saw Dia sneaking out of the shed's window.

I really like Dia's gift and it suits me better than a crown, so when my father throw it away, I did not smile nor look at him until he ordered Kaleid to find the hair clip.

Dia had a hard time visiting me from then on. Until Benjamin decided to have an intervention.

....

"You know, it is better for us to have the Diamond seal on our side."

"Isn't he your son? He is on our side."

"Look here, you had seen my relationship with the Emperor, and even to the Duke of Libra who adopted me, do you think, that boy and I have a better relationship?"

"Doesn't he stay at the Diamond palace?"

"It was an alliance agreement to have a harmonious relationship between the people and the wild creatures of the vast forest of the Empire. So right now, we are having the boy as a bridge between us and the unknown residents of the Empire."

"That is ridiculous. Humans are humans and animals are animals. We follow different laws..."

"Exactly! Do you think we have power against them? We might be smarter and far more vicious, but they are opponent we never know. You know in the long run, the boy is useful. He is the law of the lawless lands of the Empire."

"Are you proud?"

"Not really, just exaggerating the facts. My point though is, my wild son that is hard to contain finally have a leash and that is your daughter."

....

'Is your son a dog?'

I thought to myself after Sir Benjamin's past conversation with my father.

I am actually a bit mad that these men is using me to get on Dia's good side. Yeah he is a weird one, but he is a precious friend I have in this world. Unlike this people, Dia is not thinking of getting rid of me.

Speaking of getting rid of me...

"I want my own room." I whispered to myself

"No!"

I sighed and just continued poking on the meat on my plate. In five years I have lived in this world, I am still sleeping on the same bed as my father. Such an embarrassment.

I looked at my side to see Kaleid pouring more refreshments in my glass.

Seriously, I've been waiting all this years for this man to nag at my Father and say something really smart like, kids have to learn independence or the princess is a girl it is not good for the servants to see a Father and daughter sharing one chamber.

I sighed again.

Even the Queen is not touching this topic, I really wish someone will poke this topic so that I can finally have my own space and live my stone life to the fullest.

'Should I start acting up in my sleep and pull his chest hair every night in my sleep?'

"I don't know why you are looking at that meat with an evil glare, if you will just play with the food, then go with Kaleid and wash up."

"Are you done princess? Do you want to start washing up?"

I nod and pull Kaleid's shirt a little bit.

"Yes?"

I raised my arm, telling him I want to be carried.

'I am feeling lazy'

"Stop being lazy and walk by yourself." Intervene by the big human.

I gave him a snide look, and whispered to myself, "then give me a bedroom."

I pout and jumped out of the chair and run to the doors of the dining hall.

'Who can help me get some space from that big human?'

Even though, this days I've been trying so hard not to hang around his office, I still get dragged around. Whenever he needs to go to another country or  get summon by the Emperor, he makes sure I am with him.

I like some outings however, if it is just going to different castles and offices, then that is just a bore for a soul like me. I would rather he goes and inspect the Spade's lands and see more of the life outside this Castle walls. See the mountains and rivers with my own eyes. So I can be one with nature and finally become a stone.

I stopped and gaze from the glass walls, from here I can see the Clover garden.

Aside from Dia, the Clover garden is my bestfriend. It sucks to think that I will leave this place.

I ran my fingers on the glass wall.

'Probably, being sold somewhere else would be better. Then everyone in this Castle will be happy.'

The Queen will stop fighting with Father, the servants will not have different faction and Kaleid can go back to his Butler duties and be relieved from babysitting.

'Well change can start from me!'

My father look at me like as a possession he have. That was proven, thanks to Dia! If I make some space between us, then probably we will have a normal relationships. Then probably...

"Separations will not be harsh..."

"Princess! Wait for me." Kaleid came running after me. "The maids prepared the baths, any flowers you want on the water?"

I looked up to him and smiled.

"No! It is fine!"

I should start distancing myself, and the effort should start from me.