Chapter 56: Gulf

It's been two days. We are back at my place, waiting for the call from the graphologist. If the graphologist do not release the result by end of day, the police will not have grounds to hold Mew's uncle longer.

When the police searched Mew's uncle's place, one of the things they looked at were old journals. Given the length of time the crime happened, it was easy for Mew to convince them that the old journals will help us with the case. We also submitted the sketch to compare it with. The one we secretly sent to his office, was a replica of the sketch. It wasn't the original copy, hence, when his uncle looked at the back, he didn't see anything. It was a ploy to lure him in Mew's office so we can legally obtain his journals to compare it with. We were impressed with how the police acted so fast given that time was of the essence. Mew's uncle is powerful and delaying things will just give him time to plan his next move.

We are getting angsty waiting for the result.

Mew's phone rang. Finally.

"Hello?" Mew put the phone on speaker.

"I have the result Mew. It's positive. It's the exact handwriting. I have submitted the result to the police."

"Thank you Sir!" Mew and I said at the same time.

---------------------------------------------

Mew went to the police station to make sure everything goes smoothly while I was left at my place with my mother and a pregnant Lisa to explain everything to both of them.

"I'm sorry that we didn't tell you both sooner. We wanted to make sure we didn't fuck up the plan and we didn't want to get you involved in case we did." I told both their gaping faces.

My mother stood up in a daze to get some water. "I never suspected that about your father Gulf. I loved him wholeheartedly."

I went to my mother and hugged her. "I know Mom and I also know that Dad loved you the best way he can."

"You've answered a lot of my questions about your father Gulf. I can't count the times I searched his study because I always felt like there was another woman but still I didn't find anything."

"Are you angry Mom? You have a right to be."

"I am Gulf. But not at you. I'm angry at your father for putting us in this position. His decisions are still imprinted in all of us even now. You can't even be fully happy."

"You don't need to worry about me Mom. I don't intend to be on the spotlight anyway, just promise me that you will abolish that policy."

"It wouldn't be easy Gulf. If this goes public, the board members might find the leverage to kick us out."

"I will give my shares to uncle Mom so he can become the majority shareholder."

My mother looked at me shocked, "But you will be giving up your rights son."

"This is what father would have wanted. He may have been bitter once but I know for sure, he would want his son to be happy."

Just then, the elevator dinged. Mew's here.

Lisa went to his brother and hugged him tight.

"Hey, careful. Don't forget you're pregnant." Mew looked at me. He looks happy, as if something has been lifted off his shoulders.

I smiled. For the first time, our future is becoming clearer ang brighter.