Epilogue: Mew

3 months after.

Knock. Knock.

I looked up from my laptop and see Gulf standing by the door. "Your glasses look good on you Sir."

I took off my glasses and smiled. "And you've learned how to knock."

He went inside the office and looked around. "Nothing has changed here."

"I know, like I have never really left." I said looking around my office.

We are at the school. I now manage it. My uncle got convicted a month ago. The first two months were a rollercoaster for us. It took us time before we pieced together what happened in the fire. It turned out my uncle intended for that accident to happen to Gulf's father only. My father though, upon seeing the sketch missing searched for him and decided at the last minute to come with him when he can't convince Gulf's father to not go through with the plan. Gulf's father was finally willing let go of the company even when my uncle threatened to expose them both.

"Are you ready Mew?" Gulf's here to pick me up. We are going back to the countryside today.

I went to him and hugged him. Smiling, I said, "Yes, I am. I've waited a long time for this."

"Will you be okay there? Won't you get tired of the weekly travel to come here?"

"Don't worry about it. I can work from home."

"Home." He smiled. "There's a nice ring to it, Mew."

"Yup, finally. But before that, I'd like to show you something."

Gulf raised his brow looking curious.

"Just follow me." I clasped his hand and led him to the library.

"Where are we going Mew?"

"Just wait and see."

We went inside the library, to the far corner where we had sex before. "Why are we here Mew?"

"Look around Gulf."

He looked around the shelves, "What exactly am I look-----" He went closer to the corner shelf and touched the wood panel of one of the shelves. Engraved there or should I say vandalized there, as if a sharp object was used to make the words, "I only live..... to love you."

"It took some time for me to figure out where I saw those words." I said, excited that finally I was able to remember something so fleeting.

"Do you think this has something to do with our fathers?" He said, looking at the engineering books in this section.

I embraced him from the back. "I'd like to think so Gulf."

Gulf was still looking at the books. "Hey, I found something."

I looked at what he was looking at. "What is that book doing in the engineering section?"

Gulf got the book, "The Picture of Dorian Gray, this couldn't be what I think it is, could it?" Then he opened the book.

------------------------------------------------------

February 14, 1989

QM

Cliche as it is, I'm saying Happy Valentine's to you. When you finally realize you can return my feelings for you, return this book to me.

TB

--------------------------------------------------------

October 11, 1989

TB

I'm pretty sure last night cemented who we are to each other. I hope you know, there's no out in this.

QM

--------------------------------------------------------

Gulf scanned the pages of the book, then we hear a metal touch the floor. We both looked down and saw something shine. Gulf picked it up. "It's your father's ring Mew."

We both looked at the ring. "......to love you. My father hid it here. Who would have thought we'll find it Gulf."

Gulf looked at me and smiled. "Hey don't question the universe."

I laughed wholeheartedly. "I'm not Gulf. I'm thanking the universe. "

"We deserve this Mew." Gulf said. Then he got my hand and put the ring in my finger. "I love you."

Yup, the universe made this happen. I smiled, "I love you too Gulf."

The End