chapter 4

I woke up the next morning in my room. It was my birthday. Conrad must've picked me up and kept me on the bed. Both of us had never really mentioned my birthday yesterday, he must've just forgotten but I didn't mind it because now everyday felt as if it was my birthday because I had Conrad by my side. Everyday was special.
When I went downstairs, as soon as I entered the kitchen Conrad came running up to me and lifted me up in the air and said,"Happy birthday Bellssssss!!" and then he put me back down and kissed me. I giggled and said," Thank you Con. I love you". Jeremiah came up to me and hugged me tight and said,"Happy birthday Belly, gosh you're becoming really old now." And I said,"Thanks Jere. Just remember that you're an older man than me and then all of us were laughing.
Conrad and Jeremiah had bought a cake . It was beautiful. I never really knew there were cake shops in cousins, everytime I had my birthday at Cousins , Susannah or my mom would bake one. Susannah.I had almost teared up when Jeremiah said,"Well Belly this is not it, you know" and winked. Then he opened up the back door and there stood my mom , Steven , Dad and Mr.Fisher.
They all had left their work for me , I was so happy . I went over and hugged my mom first and then hugged everyone. Steven said,"Happy birthday butthead".
Then we all cut the cake and then Steven said,"Presents time! Me first Belly." I said opening up his little box," What is it this time ? Poop earrings? " and everyone laughed . Steven said," You're close" and winked. When I opened it up I found a beautiful box from Tiffany and Co.in which there where two beautiful swan earrings. I hugged Steven and said ,"Thank you so much Stevie. I love it." I put them on instantly. They were so pretty. A beautiful golden swan . They must've cost so much. I asked Steven," Where'd you get all this money from?" He said,"What'd you care dumbass ? Just be happy."

I smiled at him and then asked,"Who's next?" Jeremiah said ,"Me!Me!Me!"

It was a tall box. Inside lay a beautiful vase. It was customed. It had beautiful unicorns and hearts all over it , and it said,"Conrad and Belly". I loved it. I gave Jeremiah a tight hug. He said sheepishly,"For your house" and smiled. Normal right? Then I opened up the others.

My mom gave me a baking set, dad a smoothie maker and Mr.Fisher a beautiful photo frame to hang up in our house. Last was Conrad.

He said,"I'll like to give it to her privately. But..." Then he took out a little ticket from his pocket and said,"I have booked us up for tonight at Marcy's." I went up to him, put my arms over him and kissed him. He smiled and said,"I love you". He was so gentle. Moody but gentle. He was very fragile. You could hurt him in one little sentence but you could win him over with one smile. Kindness. He was just so special. And then I knew the reason why I loved him so much.

Then we all had lunch. Everyone had to get to work and my mom had a little inside business with Mr.Fisher so she went with him.

After everyone left I could feel tears building up inside me. I was missing Susannah. She was everywhere in this house, it was hard not to miss her here. But I was missing her because everyone had been here except Susannah. I think Conrad saw my eyes get red because he held me tight with his arms around my waist as if I might fall and said,"Bells? What's wrong?"

I looked up to him and said,"I miss Susannah. He said,"I miss mom too." He really meant it. I could see it in his eyes. How he was trying to be strong for me but was breaking in the inside. And then I saw the same sparkle in his eyes which I had seen in Susannah's .

How he really wanted to know what was going on inside me . I touched his cheek and said,"I see so much of her in you . You have here eyes. You are just as gentle as her. Kind and fragile."

Then he leaned in and kissed me. We stayed like that for some time . Just kissing and brushing off our pains by showing them to each other through love.

Dinner at Marcy's was perfect.We came back home around 11pm.Then suddenly he sat on his knees and took out a ring. I already had one ring from the engagement.

He said,"This is for you. The actual birthday gift. I want you to keep this with you everytime and know that I'm always with you. It's also a promise ring. Promise me Belly, we never hurt each other." I got down on my knees and kissed his cheek and said,"I promise". And then we kissed.

While kissing I just wondered if we'd be like this for our whole life . So deeply in love. Or would we fall apart like our parents. And then I looked up in his eyes and knew at that very moment that we were unbreakable. The way he looked at me and the way I looked at him . And then I said,"I will never hurt you Conrad Fisher."

Vote and comment💙 hope y'all are enjoying it:-)