Eight

<Kaycee POV>

Myself along with the rest of the gang were all queuing up behind a long line of people to get our food. Guess they also thought that 11 o clock was a good time to have dinner.  We were close to the front of the line when Julian looked around confused and then said, 'Where did Sean and Tate go?'

Everyone turned  their heads as they looked for Sean and Tate with their eyes. ' K, you go find Sean, he probably got lost. Tate probably got caught up talking to someone'

'Why do I have to go look for sean' I whined. 

'Because he's your best friend' tahani argued.

Huffing, I turned on my heel, towards the pool area. Walking there, felt longer than it actually was. I kept bumping into people who were drunk and wanted a dance. Denying each person, I picked up my pace as I swiftly walked through the crowd. Sean better be stuck in a large crowd or have broken his leg or something , I thought to myself. 

Arriving at the back of the house, I manouevered my way around each person ,slightly patting them on th back as I went. I was just about to give up and go back to the rest of the group, and tell them I don't find Sean, when I heard Tate laughing lightly. I shuffled towards her voice, thinking that maybe Sean was with Tate chatting along with others, the thought made me feel slightly sick but I shook my head as I brushed off the thought.

But the sight I was welcomed with was much more nauseating. My assumption was right though, Sean was with Tate but not chatting away. Both of their lips were connected together as they moved them agaianst each other in a slow kiss. The scene brought tears to my eyes, as i felt my heart beating faster than usual. I found Sean, I thought to myself.

Turning back, I scolded myself for being upset. I had no right to be especially if Sean wasn't anything more to me than my best friend. Rubbing my eyes and wiping my tears I quickly made my way back to my friends.

'Hey K, your back. Did you find Sean?' Tahani asked as she handed me a plate of food.

'Umm. Thanks for the food. I actually didn't find Sean. He must be in the bathroom or something' I lied. I felt terrible for lying but I made myself promise that I'd tell Tahani what actually happened later.

Quirking her eyebrow, tahani gave me one last unsure look before digging into her food. Everyone was enjoying each other's company as we ate, laughed and talked but I just couldn't get the image of Sean and Tate kissing out of my head.

I was enjoying myself until I heard that all too familiar voice, ' Hey guys, we were looking for you.' Making space for Sean and Tate, Julian spoke up, ' where were you two, K went out looking for you guys.'

'Oh really, we were out back'

Not making eye contact, I replied, ' oh I mustn't have seen you guys, I assumed that you went to the bathroom or something.'

'Oh, well you know Kayc, don't assume anything, you just make an ass out of u and me.' Laughing nervously, I stood up and brushed off the crumbs on my dress, before speaking up, 'I'm gonna head into the bathroom and freshen up'.

My statement was followed by Tahani and Bailey, ' yeah, me too'. Tahani spoke as Bailey followed. As soon as we set foot into the bathroom, tahani crossed her arms and spoke up, 'okay spill K'.

'What do you mean T, I'm fine, really' I said washing my hands.

Turning the tap off, and intensely staring at me, tahani gave me a glare saying talk or ill make you. Deciding i wouldn't win, I dried my hand off with a tissue and let out a heavy breath.