» 20

As the four started to walk further away from the heavily occupied streets, they found a quaint park.

Myunghee and Kyong had sat alone on a bench to talk, while Hyuna and Jaemin quietly made their way to a set of swings.

Hyuna really didn't know what to say, tenant of the silence the two were now accustomed to. Awkwardly swinging on the swing lightly to give her something to do, looking everywhere besides the boy who was present beside her.

"I heard there will be another dinner between our two families again this upcoming week." Jaemin said, finally breaking the silence that consumed them.

Hyuna looking up to the boy next to her and hummed, feet pushing her back and forth slightly.

"Maybe we can get on with this assignment." She let out an airy chuckle, eyes becoming wide at the words Jaemin said. His demeanour changing completely.

"What is with you and this assignment?" He snapped, his voice was harsh, fed up almost, but ultimately, he was tired.

Hyuna hadn't noticed before, but he had dark black bags under his eyes, energy drained even when he walked.

Surely training wasn't that hard, but maybe it was, Hyuna would never know.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." He said, rubbing his hands over his face and looking up at the girl.
"That was mean."

Hyunas eyebrows furrowed, tilting her head in confusion at the boys change of mood.

"Are you okay?" Hyuna asked, stopping her swinging to give her full attention to the boy.

Jaemin only sighed, nodding his head and looking up to the girl. "Yeah love, I'm always okay."

He flashed a small smile before looking back towards the happy, laughing couple a few feet away from them.

But Hyunas gaze didn't falter, watching the boy intently as his mind raced. Jaemin could feel the heavy stare of the girl, so when he looked back to her, he smirked, "I bet I can swing higher than you."

Hyunas mouth formed an O, eyes filling with determination as she lets go of all worries and the nervous pit feeling she had had since the boys had arrived.

"Oh you're on, Na Jaemin." She smirked, legs kicking her off the ground, the two competing for a height the other couldn't reach.

Smiles and happiness filled the two as air blew past them, lifting higher and higher off the ground, almost as if they could fly.

The view of the park and buildings made Hyuna start to laugh, she had never done this before.

Her parents never allowed her to have freedom, or even take her to a park. She would take Tae occasionally, but she was too old for swings after he was born.

She loved the feeling, the wind blowing through her hair as she swung back and forth, closing her eyes to take in ever moment she never got to experience as a child.

But that's the thing, she was still a child, one that had never properly experienced the world- and at the ripe age of 18, something was about to change that... or was it someone.

—————

Babies, I did some adult shit today.

I drove (by myself) to Target and brought myself a book shelf.

Which I also assembled alone, and the whole time I was thinking of that video of Johnny constructing IKEA furniture.

Anywayyyys

I now have my albums and vynels in there and it looks hella cute