𝟐𝟏

David's Pov

Four meaningless meetings and a short lunch break later and I was staring at my phone, hoping in vain for a text, contemplating if I should call or not.

I drummed my fingers on my desk, my anxiety getting the better of me. It'd been an hour since I'd shot Dawn a text but up till this moment, she still hadn't replied.

An uneasy feeling tickled my stomach. Where the hell was she?

I stopped the drumming and pinched the bridge of my nose. I shouldn't have left home. I sure as hell haven't been able to do anything productive all day. Maybe she was asleep, or maybe she was really sick. Fuck, maybe it wasn't too late to call doctor Fin and have him come over.

I searched through my contact list for his number and was just about to press the call button when my secretary buzzed me through the office intercom. "Mr. Argent."

I resigned. "Yes, Camille."

"Your friends, Tanner and Luke are here to see you, shall I let them in?"

What the hell did those two want?

I was in no mood for a company but I couldn't send them away. As far as I knew, they were going to barge in here anyway.

"Yes," I replied, and the moment the call ended, Tanner walked in alongside Luke; my buddy from college. He was an imposing sight; tall, broad, had the physique of an athlete and the looks that made every woman turn to stare. The downside for him, however, was that he was married, unhappily.

"Hey, buddy." He hailed, strolling with ease to the mini refrigerator at the right corner of my office and helping himself to a full bottle of cognac.

I shook my head and turned my attention to my other casually dressed friend who made himself comfortable on the leather chair parallel to mine. "Dude, I'm gonna need to borrow your private jet for the weekend." He informed, looking pained.

"Sure," I leaned back in my chair, settling in. "What's the occasion?"

"Oh, you're gonna love this one," Luke interrupted, unscrewing the bottle and pouring himself a tall glass. "I laughed so hard, I nearly shit myself."

"Shut up, smart ass." Tanner scowled. "It's not funny." He shook his head and turned back to me. "I had no idea this new chick I hooked up with still had her V card and since I popped her little cherry, she hasn't stopped mooning over me."

"Wait a minute." My lips twitched, fighting back my laughter. "You fucked a virgin?"

Luke let go at that moment and tilted his head back to burst out in a fit of boisterous laughter.

"It's not funny, guys." Tanner frowned, throwing my office pen at him but he continued to laugh obnoxiously. "I'm afraid my dick is going to break. She keeps coming fire more. Last night, she came over and drained the shit out of me, and this morning she tells me she wants to move in." His face twisted with pure disgust. "She's like a crazy psycho with severe boundary issues and I need to get away."

"You're lucky bro." Luke piped, eyes red with tears from laughing hard. "I mean I've never tasted a virgin before but I heard it's a hundred out of ten, except the part where they cling to you like leeches."

"They do not cling, Dawn doesn't—" I stopped myself in the middle of that sentence, realizing where this was going but it was too late because my two friends already turned to give me the raised eyebrow look that could be interpreted as 'what the fuck?'

"Don't tell me..." Luke blinked a couple of times, his face brightening with excitement. "Fuck me, was Dawn also a—"

"Okay enough." I cut him. "What happens in La chambre de David, stays in La chambre de David."