𝟐𝟓

Dawn's Pov

"Okay, that is just disturbing. It's the second time today and I'm starting to worry." Becky stated whilst letting my hair go as I spat the final piece of my brunch into the office toilet and flushed.

"I don't understand. What's wrong? I thought you were fine."

I turned on the faucet and washed my hands. I didn't tell her. I'd wanted David to be the first to hear the news but after last night, I wasn't sure he would care much. He didn't seem to care about me or pay any attention to me.

I wiped my mouth with a napkin and threw it into the waste bin.

I knew I couldn't hide it forever. Eventually, he was going to find out but for now, it was best I kept the news away from him, at least until I figured out the reason for his bizarre behavior.

Becky cleared her throat. "Hello? I'm still waiting for an explanation."

I switched off the faucet and turned around to meet her accessing eyes gauging me.

There was no use hiding it. Relaxing on the sink, I heaved out a breath and let the words leave my mouth. "I'm pregnant."

Her next response was an eye roll.  "If you don't want to tell me what's going on, it's fine, you don't have to lie about it."

Tension fluttered in my belly. My brows knitted together. "I have no reason to lie to you, Becky, I am pregnant."

She blinked, glanced at my stomach, and shook her head. "Are you being serious right now? You're pregnant?"

"Yes," I rested both palms on my flat belly. The thought of having a tiny life force growing inside me right now made me smile. "I'm going to be a mother."

"Oh my...You're not lying. You're having a baby, Dawn. Oh my God, I'm going to be a godmother soon. This is great news!" Before I could blink, I found my body smoldered against hers in a hug. "I'm so happy for you. Our kids are going to be best friends! Holy! We have a baby shower to plan and then we need to go shopping! I know this cool baby store, you'll love it!"

I laughed softly and wiggled out from her embrace. "Don't get ahead of yourself yet."

She laughed with me. "I'm sorry, I'm just so excited. Does David know, what did he say, did you get his reaction on camera?"

My smile dwindled. "I haven't told him yet."

"What?" She frowned. "Why?"

It felt like all the happiness had been drained from my body. I sighed. "It's complicated."

"What's complicated about letting your husband know you're pregnant?"

"I haven't gotten the chance to, plus David hasn't always wanted kids."

She gave me a slight eye roll. "So? My Dad wasn't interested in kids either but after my big brother, he had three more."

"It's different." I persisted. "You won't understand."

"Fine, you're right. I might not understand and you probably have your reasons for not wanting to tell him right away but news flash, when your tummy starts getting bigger and you start eating like a glutton, your dear husband is going to need answers." She huffed. "I mean, come on, he's rich, doesn't need to worry about hospital bills or childcare, hell, he doesn't have to worry about rent! He's a freaking billionaire."

"Millionaire."

"Right yes! Millionaire, whatever but my point is, good or bad, he needs to know. It's not like he's going to tell you to get rid of it or something. Gosh, you married people complicate everything."