34

"Wow, the new CEO is really something, huh?" Chaeyoung remarked before she shoved a handful of Lucky Charms into her mouth, "She's too overprotective, but then again, I understand her point." She said, almost incomprehensible.

Lalisa tilted her head, "How can you say so?" She'd just arrived home from eating dinner at Jeongguk's place and it was safe to say that everything went well. They ate the food that he made (Lisa loved the vegetarian Pad Thai) and shared a kiss or two - much to her delight. "I mean, she indirectly threatened me."

"Mino and I met the other day," Jennie said from beside her, "He said some sasaengs found their apartment - which, I remind you, is five floors above us - and left death threats at their door."

"What?! Why did they do that?" Lisa asked, eyes wide. That was just too much. If the sasaengs knew their apartment as well, they'd be done for.

"Because of the scandals, Lis. Specifically, the Seungri one. I don't want to go into details but that was just..." Jennie shook her head, "Anyway, it's best for us to be monitored at all times. For our safety."

Jisoo took a sip of her milk before saying, "Manager Jung told me that some investors started pulling out funds, which is why our company is slowly going bankrupt."

"That is just unbelievable. What will happen to us now?"

Lalisa shrugged, "More security. More rules."

"I think it was the right decision to extend the dating ban, too - no offense, Lali." Jennie held out a hand, "I mean, fans online have been saying that it was you with Guk the other day. The hate on our SNS and YG's have increased twice."

"I don't really check SNS anymore. What'd they say?"

"That you're just using him for clout because our company's going down." Her member replied with a sigh, "I told you this before, Lis. You'll get hated on just because of a single situation."

"I know, unnie. Maybe I was just overthinking, anyway. Maybe the CEO didn't really threaten me like I thought she did." She scratched her head, "The CEO really loves the company, huh?"

Chaeyoung nodded, "Yeah. I can see that. She's willing to do anything just for it."

"But YG Entertainment's name is already trashed. I don't know what she can do about it." Jisoo pursed her lips, and leaned her head on Jennie's shoulder, "I'm really sleepy."

Jennie snorted, "Weak shit."

"You did not just call me a-"

"But I did."

Lalisa and Chaeyoung only shared a laugh as their unnies started bickering back and forth.

▪️

JUNE 27, 2019

Lalisa woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.

As she opened her eyes, she expected to see rays of sunlight creeping into her room but was greeted by the darkness instead. She absentmindedly reached for her phone from her bedside drawer and answered the call without looking at the called ID.

"Hello?" She asked, eyes heavy because of sleep.

"Darling," The voice said, making her sigh, "Wake up."

"Jeon, if you want to drag me out and come with you to the convenience store, I can't. I'm still sleeping." She replied, hugging her pillow tighter.