Chapter 12: Deandre

San Antonio was one of my least favorite big cities in Texas; Poorly designed and crowded every weekend with tourists celebrating their loved one's graduation from the Air Force basic training. Their big attraction was a river in the middle of the city that was only interested in their first and maybe the second time. I preferred cities with raging nightlife or nice views, San Antonio had neither.

I drove a rented Rolls Royce Cullinan throughout the street, cursing at every driver who didn't signal. I could afford to pay for damages, but I'd rather that money go towards something I actually owned. I shouted when a driver with Florida tags swerved from the left lane to the exit at seventy miles an hour.

I was in San Antonio to surprise my latest interest.

Twenty-nine days of nothing going on got me in the mood to add to my collection. The expensive cars, clothes, and houses were all for my own personal enjoyment. I loved having something in my possession that people dreamed about owning. Relationships were something I coveted. I always desired men from faraway places with unusual stories around me.

Milo, though he was not from somewhere like the Marshall Islands, like the last object of my interest he had captured my attention. He moved through conversations like a snake, striking what he thought to be interesting while slithering around anything that could shine a light on his personal life. He didn't back down with me. Within a few moments of meeting he knew I didn't like someone who gave up easily, which was what I encountered the most.

With Aurelio he was gentle, he allowed Aurelio to be the rock in the stream he conformed to. He spoke softly with him and allowed Aurelio to act as his protector. Aurelio needed someone like that in his life. I saw that he got aroused when Milo stood up for himself, normal for his personality type. Aurelio loved protecting but hated helplessness.

I had gotten Milo's address through the use of a few low ranking members who Aurelio had ordered to keep him safe after his visit. They worried about handing the information over, but a reminder of who I was all it took for them to give me the address.

He lived on the North-East side of San Antonio. It was a nice area that had a slower pace than the rest of the city. The streets still crawled with cars going either too fast or too slow like the rest of the city. Approaching the large tan building that had a modern cottage feel, I took in the number of families out having fun in the street. It was a few weeks shy of when they would start school.

His building was number two. I parked in front and turned the car off. Looking down, I checked my outfit. A tropical print button up, tan shorts, and sandals. I was used to living in tropical environments, so the dry heat really messed me up. I looked back at the family playing four square before I stepped out of the car and walked up to the second floor.

Two men, one Asian while the other was Caucasian. They came from the third floor looking ready to kill. I looked at them with a raised eyebrow. That was enough to get them to walk back up to the third floor. I hit the door with so much force that I heard Milo curse from the other side. I smiled, ready for the heat he would bring when he opened the door.

I could not count to ten before the door swung open. Milo answered wearing nothing more than a robe, and a green mud mask coated his face. He covered himself when he saw it was me. I laughed at him, trying to look threatening in the state he was in.

"So are you going to let me in bebé?"

His eyes squinted so close together that it looked like he closed them. He shifted his weight from one leg to the other before he let me in. The door slammed behind me and I felt him push against my back. It didn't move me but was a cute attempt.