Chapter 20

A week later...

Jacob's p.o.v

~~

"I pick Deshaun" I regretfully voice out and remind myself that all this is for the best. "I'll help him" I assure both the teacher and myself and she gives me a small grin.

"Are you sure? We have two other students that you can help; there's White and Jackson" she reads from her notes. "I thought you'd go with White since the whole school's been talking about your chemistry together but it's nice to see you try to interact with fellow students" she pats my back and I force a smile feeling awful as I think about everything that happened this past week and how it influenced my decisions.

••

I woke up before my alarm this morning because I was excited for the day to start, a little too excited. With a weird grin and flaming hot cheeks I thought of how Arthur and I were on the phone last night talking about nothing really important but it was still fun and I enjoyed it immensely.

I dove back into my blanket with a sigh reminiscing about those past seven days to pass some time. I never expected Arthur to handle my embarrassing breakdown as good as he did. I dejectedly waited for him to drop me in front of my house but that never came. He did his utmost best to help me through those emotions and the sorrowful thoughts I've been bottling up since my mother came back home.

He kept an eye on me ever since and I couldn't help but feel giddy inside at the thought that someone actually cared enough to stick with the fragile little human that I am. He made it clear that I could call him whenever I needed to talk and if I didn't, he would call before going to bed, just to make sure I am 'aight'.

He treated me so perfectly that I started zoning out on how impossibly comfortable and warm his hugs were. To me it was insane how his rock-hard chest felt like light feathers whenever I pressed my head on it. He was in my mind this whole morning until I fell back asleep and dreamed about something terribly strange.

...

Everything was dark at first and then came the light in a white room. Red apples fell from the sky but not a single one of those hit me and it was a mesmerizing sight. My footsteps left a rainbow color behind every time I took a step and it astonished me so much that I giggled loudly making it echo through the whole room. My eyes widened when the walls started to shrink due to the sound and I terrifyingly took a step back. My hand unconsciously went to my neck when I felt a pressure on it and frowned when I felt a collar. I tried to take it off but a loud gasp left my mouth when I suddenly felt an enormous hand choke me. 'I like it on you' a voice whispered and the big hand caressed my waist causing my bottom lip to quiver and my back to arch in a way it shouldn't but felt good regardless. ' W-who are you' I whispered gulping in need of something. I took a sharp breath when the huge hand pressed me onto a chest and the husky voice whispered into my ear once again....

Call me daddy...

...

A loud knock hauled me out of the strange dream I was having. I wasn't quite sure if I should be thankful or worried that it brought an end to my odd dream and I rubbed my fingers over my scalp feeling uncomfortable.

Mystified, puzzled, at a loss of words and stumped, I brought my hands together, lowered my head and prayed to God for forgiveness because the sounds that left my mouth sounded sinful and wrong. The dream left me curious with questions I wonder if I really needed answers to. "Coming" I yelled when I heard the knock once again.

"Uhm morning" I exclaimed rather loudly and miss Alyssa's eyebrows went up. "Good morning, sorry I'm loud" I whispered and she smiled.

"What's gotten you so jumpy this early" she questioned bringing her hand to my forehead to feel my temperature. "I thought you'd be tired since new boy kept you busy last night" she added making me squeak in horror.