Chapter 32

I was taken by surprise, but then I closed my eyes and leaned into the kiss. My hands carried up and I wrapped them around his neck and his wandered down and grabbed onto my waist, holding me closer than ever before.

We finally pulled away, but still held on tight to each other. He rested his forehead against mine and I finally opened my eyes, staring into his, wanting to savor every moment.

But as if suddenly coming back to my senses, I pulled away from him, sadness washing through my face.

"What is it?" He asked hesitantly.

"I don't want to be selfish with you, Fred," I started, biting my lower lip. "I don't know when I'm going back. But if we get into this... there will be an end, sooner or later; whether we want it or not."

"Then better use every moment to its fullest, don't you think?" He shrugged with a grin.

     "I just don't want to break your heart, Fred," I muttered.

"Well, that's not really your choice to make, is it?" he slightly pulled away, leaning forward and placing a small peck on my lips.

"To be continued?" I smiled up at him and he nodded brightly.

     And then, our hands locked together in a perfect fit, we walked back towards the house in silence.

"Better thank George for not bringing back the box like he was supposed to, huh?" Fred joked and we both chuckled, before saying goodnight.

***

Not being able to sleep that night was just an understatement, as I stared up at the ceiling with a grin playing on my face, as I still felt the ghost of his kiss on my lips.

     The next morning I woke up to Ginny shaking me, but I just smiled and quite automatically, I brought her into a hug.

"Woah, easy there, tiger." She grinned and I pulled away, still smiling goofily. "What is it with you?"

"I don't know," I shrugged and got off the bed, stretching out my arms cheerfully.

"Well, someone slept well last night." She giggled.

"I don't think I even slept for more than an hour." I said, walking towards her mirror to take a look at my messed up state.

"Mum says breakfast is ready," she said, opening her bedroom door. "Come down once you've realized you're back in reality," and by that, she left me alone and closed the door.

She was right. This was real. And it was the best reality I could ever ask for.

Changing my clothes after taking a quick shower, I went downstairs into the kitchen. But my goofy smiled returned to my face as I spottet Fred.

Everyone else was there too; except for Percy and Mr. Weasley, who apparently had gone back to the ministry early in the morning.

"We'll be eating outside," said Mrs. Weasley, taking freshly baked cookies out of the oven with her wand.

"Fred, George, please go and set the tables outside." said Mrs. Weasley, then turning to me and Ginny, "girls, you take the plates, please. And Ron, go get Bill; he'd sleep till noon if you don't wake him up."

We all left the kitchen by that and Ginny and I went to the yard carrying the plates. Fred and George were magically placing the tables down and soon, the rest of the Weasleys showed up and we all sat down.

Each time Fred and I looked up and our eyes connected, we would smile sheepishly and look away, receiving curious glances from George. But he decided not to question the matter as breakfast was served.

"Now, Fred, you can't just eat cookies for breakfast." Mrs. Weasley scolded him.

"I beg you to differ," said Fred, taking another bite of his chocolate chip cookies.

Just then I realized; this was the exact scent I could smell in the love potion.

"Ron, did you send Hermione an owl like I told you?" Mrs. Weasley asked, putting some more scrambled egg on each of our plates.

"Yeah," Ron nodded, his mouth still full. "She said she would be here in a few days. But I don't understand why you wouldn't let me tell Harry–"

"I told you, Ronald," Mrs. Weasley started firmly. "Dumbledore said precisely not to involve him yet."

"But he–"

"–end of discussion." She said firmly, finally silencing him. "Anyway, I better give you all a haircut after breakfast."

"No, thank you," said Bill, who always kept his long red hair in a cool ponytail.

"But it is getting a bit out of hand, dear. If you could just let me shorten it a bit–"

"–No, Mum."

After we helped Mrs. Weasley with clearing up the breakfast table and cleaning the kitchen, she forced the boys to stay still as she cut their hair short with her wand. But no matter how hard she tried, Bill did not cave.

"Well, that would do, I think," she said at last, taking one last look at Fred, George, and Ron. "Now, go and do your homework, will you? You don't want to have them all on your back in the last day, do you? Off you go now!"

"You-know-who's back and we still have to do our homework," said Ron grumpily as him and Ginny followed Mrs. Weasley out of the hall and went upstairs.

Ever since last night, Fred and I didn't get the chance to be alone again. So we still were in that awkward state that we'd just throw quick glances at each other, yet not saying a word.

George frowned, looking between us with suspicion, until he finally blurted out loudly,

"You guys did it, didn't you!?"