NINE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Wake
Artist: Hillsong Young and Free
Chapter Name: ⚠️ It's Not Your Fault ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

Momo's exam is hard to watch.

Due to legal reasons and hospital protocol, Shouta has to stay in with Momo during her exam. He turns away for a certain part of it to let Momo keep what ever dignity she has left. Todoroki is somehow nudged in the room too. A nurse who seemed to notice the little bond between the two said that he should be in the room with Momo for moral support, even though he legally shouldn't have been able to get in.

It is obviously visible that Momo is clearly uncomfortable, and the nurses do nothing to try to change that. It makes Shouta angry.

When Momo suddenly gets really uncomfortable during the exam, Todoroki volunteers to step out to give the girl a little more comfort—even if it only makes her a little more at ease, Shouto is willing to do anything for her to feel comfortable. Aizawa explained to him before the exam had started the basics of what happened last night. To say Todoroki was not particularly pleased was an understatement.

•••

The exam is over and done with soon, but not soon enough for Shouta's taste. The poor girl had been through enough, she didn't need the extra embarrassment of this exam.

Shouta takes Momo and Shouto back to the dorm by car. The three rarely converse on the car ride back. However, Shouto keeps giving Momo reassuring looks. The young girl had been through a lot, and Shouta wanted to make it easy on her.

Shouta thought back to when they were at the hospital earlier; he had noticed something that made him extremely weary. They looked like little scratches on her shoulders. Of course he didn't see the majority of it as it was covered by her hospital gown, but the teacher still has his suspicions. He planned to ask her when they got back to the dorms, away from everyone else so she didn't have to worry about their reactions. He knew that last night, Hizashi had told him about seeing the scars.

Shouta knew what they are as soon as he saw them, but he was just too in shock to realize.

Shouta sounds like a worried father. Hizashi told him this on the phone while they were waiting for Momo to change.

•••

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Bakugou screams out at a certain multicolored hair boy when the three walk in the door.

"I have fucked no mothers." Todoroki says ever so calmly while blasting Bakugou back five steps with his fire. The class starts giggling quietly at Todoroki's answer to an obvious, not-at-all a question but a harsh statement towards him.

"Wow, what's with the greeting?" Shouta grumbles sarcastically to his husband who's standing there with a semi-guilt look on his face while trying to hold a laugh in.

"Bakugou is a little pissed that Todoroki wasn't back last night, as Bakugou wanted to ask him for an answer to a certain question on his homework. Originally, Bakugou wanted to throw his shoes and explosions at the kid, but I told him to just go with words for now." Hizashi laughs while explaining little Bakugou's problem. However, Shouta found this a little concerning. First of all, Bakugou wouldn't just listen to someone randomly, especially his teacher. Second of all, why would Bakugou want help from Todoroki if he was the best student in class?