13. Waves

𝓦𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓼ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ

𝓦𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓼
ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ

Showers are the best place to cry and hearts are the easiest things that can be broken...

I let water drown away all the hardships I've been going through. Especially the way the Taehyung guy has casually asked me not to cry over a guy like Jimin and the way I've been a fool all along.

My mind wandered off to the time I met him in the bus stop. Was that the day he placed a bet with his friends? What would they have talked? That he could easily get me laid in a week? That he could fuck me senseless in less than a week?

I hugged myself at the thoughts because they disgusted me. Trying to imagine what that assholes might have talked twists the insides of my stomach and makes me wanna throw up.

I stepped into the room and let myself sit at the window. The cool night breeze helped me to loosen up a bit. Why is that my heart still hurts even if I know that it was not a real deal for him all along? Did I love him so much without my knowledge? Did I let myself get carelessly carried away by the flow?

Let the waves of the stupid relationship crash me into pieces?

I was startled by the knock on my room door. Who else could it be?

"Byeol?" I could hear my mother approaching me.

"Please leave me alone mom," I said my head still turned away from her.

"Byeol," her voice was gentle and there was mild press of her hand on my shoulder. Normally my mother would have left me alone if I told her that. But somehow the gentle gesture and the soft press in her voice turned around all the emotions I have been trying to push away. The soft press of her touch has errupted the sobs I have been pressing down in my throat. I turned around in an instant and hugged her waist.

I cried and cried. Until I can't cry anymore. Until all the tears in my eyes have dried. She patiently waited till I regained. Still I didn't tell her what the reason was. Neither did she ask.

"Jimin," she said out of blue. Even his name hurt me like a thousand blades piercing my heart. But I was more confused at her mentioning his name.

"He quit today. He came and just said he was quiting. Didn't tell me why, didn't tell me what. Just said he was quitting and left," her voice was as gentle as the soft waves of the sea.

I choose to remain silent.

"Did something happen?"