Chapter 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Present

Elijah

I groaned in frustration and annoyance.

This. Was. Not. Part. Of. My. Fucking. Plan.

No matter how many times I've said it, things were just not bound to be changed. Not like this. And who should take the blame for all of this shit? Partly me...but especially her.

Speaking of her, she was currently snuggled on my back as I carried both of us out of this fucking jungle. Though, we had to stop somewhere soon since the evening light was slowly becoming dark turning the jungle into a black hole. If we wanted to get out of this shit place alive, we had to stop for the night.

Her lips were touching my fucking neck with every step I took. I loathed how soft they felt even after the brutality she had endured by me. Sometimes she would mumble something in her sleep. Elijah. Elijah. Elijah. Again, and again. And I swore I heard the word 'love' spill out from her mouth too.

Having her silently sleeping on my lap earlier forced me to look at her. And really look at her. Through all the crawling on the mud and dirty ground she still somehow managed to look like a fucking...beauty. It's like God, if that man even existed, had put extra tiny effort into her appearance, accidentally pouring a large junk of beauty liquid into making her. And that beauty she possessed had been trouble. Fucking trouble.

Nelly could make me forget about my mission, all my plans.

Fuck her.

She might be a beauty from the outside but on the inside? Her blood was filthy and contaminated. Just like her fucking father.

My ankle was killing me and at this point, if I kept pushing it over its limit, I'd end up being fucked. So, I stopped and stretched my neck, hearing a satisfying crack, before I spotted a decent spot to rest until daylight returned.

Until I fuck her over some more before it was too late. Before help could come and save her ass.

Grimacing I laid Nelly down against the tree before I settled beside her. With a good fucking amount of space between us of course. I looked away from her sleeping and limp form and gazed into the darkness. My fucking friend. My ally. 

"Not part of my–"

"...fucking plan."

My eyes snapped to a pair of half-awake eyes. Her eyes glittered like two shining diamonds in the dark sky and they had power over me. They lured me in and if I didn't look away this instant...I'd become her willing victim. No, not a victim but a demon she could jail inside her pretty diamond.

She smiled, but the smile didn't reach her eyes. "You have been mumbling the same words for the past twenty minutes." She narrowed her eyes, "And just so you know, I'll continue to ruin your so-called 'plan'."

There was a mocking teasing in her tone as if she was making fun of my plan. And. I. Wasn't. Having. It. Her words triggered my anger. And I wasn't the one to control my anger and deep rooted hatred.  I was, however, the one to set it free.

I crept close to her, enough that I could feel every inhale and exhale she took. Her diamond eyes widened. Fuck her and fuck her pretty eyes. "You have a very bold mouth, miss Diamond."

She stayed silent. Her lips set in a hard line as we continued to give each other a death glare.

"And this bold mouth of yours will get you into more trouble."