f o r t y t w o

Melissa's POV

I clutched my chest to ease the pounding of my heart as I slowly walked to the guest bedroom

I clutched my chest to ease the pounding of my heart as I slowly walked to the guest bedroom. "What you doing in there?" James called out from the bedroom. He walked down the hall and stood in the threshold of the guestroom door. I sighed and rolled my eyes before turning around. "I don't wanna sleep alone" he chimed as he removed his button down. I opened my mouth, but no words could form to speak. I shook my head. James walked over to me and placed his index finger under my chin.

"Stay in here with me tonight, let's go back to our room" he said in a calm, but stern voice. I felt myself get weak, this undeniable charm that he has over me, I couldn't resist. I decided to follow James back to bed and watched as he continued to undress and walk into the bathroom to start the shower. I took a seat on the ottoman to collect my thoughts. One minute James was ravishly threatening me, and now he doesn't want to sleep alone, it doesn't make any sense at all. I guess apologies are few and far in between now.

Sadly, all I could think about was Troy. I know he didn't' like seeing this side of me. Troy isn't a big fan of James at all, but the uncertainty of where my relationship with James is heading is up in the air. As I scrolled through the messages between Troy and I on my phone, I was interrupted by James clearing his throat. "Care to join me?" James asked.

James' POV

I wasn't happy with what I saw today, and I know I made that point clear to Melissa

I wasn't happy with what I saw today, and I know I made that point clear to Melissa. But what got me the most is the way she looked in that nigga eyes like he was a god or something. She used to look at me like that. I couldn't get over the sight of him touching her. Who knows what he was telling her when I wasn't around. All I know is, Melissa has my son and I'll always have a part of her regardless. There's no way she could ever leave me or forget me even if she wanted to. I wanted to teach her a lesson, and to open her eyes to the fact that I ain't going nowhere. Melissa followed close behind me as I dropped by towel. I noticed she wasn't getting undressed, "What's wrong?" I questioned.

She had an uneasy look on her face and her body language spoke reluctance. "I think we should talk right here. I can keep my clothes on" she spoke. I chuckled, "You still mad about earlier baby? I thought we got over that already, you dropping that nigga and that's that" I said flashing a smile. Melissa scrunched her nose as it began to turn red. She sniffed and raised her brow at me while she folded her arms, "You don't get it do you? Every guy that has come into my life you always run them away!" she raised her voice at me.