FOURTEEN

LIFE OF THE PARTY
part one
( fourteen. )

MUCH TO ANDREA'S DISMAY, Aaron seemed set on actually attending this party tonight. And because it was Aaron, so were her friends.

So here Andrea was, stood in front of the enlarged mirror hanging on the lavatory door in her and her friends' dormitory, clad in an obnoxiously short black dress and, thanks to Marlene, hair strung up in dramatic curls.

She was the last one to get ready, ("Come on, Andrea, even Lils put on something decent!" Dorcas had exclaimed) which meant that Andrea had four other girls' eyes plastered on her dressed figure, instead of Marlene's already intense gaze.

"I think it looks nice?" Lily spoke up unsurely, except her statement sounded more like a question.

Andrea turned in front of the mirror, trying to get a view of all her angles, and grimaced in disgust. As nice as the dress looked on, it was no where near the girl's style. But, according to Marlene, the first party of the school year was a 'must attend' and a 'must dress slutty for'.

"I think it looks perfect," Marlene grinned, dressed in her, equally as short, red dress.

"Yeah, Andrea, don't you know that all sixteen year olds dress as strippers these days- OW! Marlene that fucking hurt, stop it!" Dorcas exclaimed, trying to dodge the pillows the blonde threw her way.

Andrea gulped, still staring at herself in the mirror. She watched as Lily approached from behind her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Let's just make an appearance downstairs and the moment we lose Marls, we can come back up and change," Lily said suggestively with a teasing smirk. Andrea couldn't help but crack a grin.

"In sweatpants?" Andrea asked with puppy dog eyes.

"In sweatpants," Lily confirmed with a nod. 

"Okay, girls, stop flirting and start partying please!" Marlene called, halfway out the dorm doors with Alice and Dorcas trailing behind her (chanting and wooping, pumping their arms in the air, acting as if they were already drunk even though all they drank in the dorm rooms were hot glasses of lemon water).

Andrea and Lily giggled and attempted to trail after the three, however the redhead had to pause at the sight of her brunette friend sprawled on the floor, having seemingly tripped over the pillow Marlene had thrown mere moments ago.

"Fucking heels," Andrea muttered, glaring daggers at her shoes. "Fucking pain the ankles."

"Watch your fucking language, Andrea Kate."

━ ❁ ━

"How are you boys not ready yet?" Remus asked James and Sirius in frustration, watching as his two best friends tried to fix their already-perfect hair in front of the mirror.

Remus exchanged an annoyed look with Peter, who looked just about ready to drink more than his weight in Firewhiskey (so basically, a lot of Firewhiskey).

"Almost," James muttered, staring intently in the mirror with his hands in his hair and a jar of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion opened next to him. He ruffled his hair a few more times before smirking at his reflection. "Ready." His hair looked the same as it normally would.

Sirius scoffed to himself. "I'm not," he grumbled, combing through his hair with a brush. "The one time my hair isn't perfect," he complained, placing the black object down. He could feel Remus' annoyance from where he stood, which was messing up the usual carefree vibe of the Marauders' dorm room. "I'll meet you downstairs," he eventually told the other three.

Sirius heard the dorm room close not even a second later.

"Jackasses," Sirius muttered to himself, shaking his head in disappointment. He stared at his reflection some more, trying to decide what was wrong with his hair. Like James', his locks looked like it does every bloody day of his life — amazing. But for some reason, Sirius hated it. "I'm probably going insane," he whispered to himself. "Talking to yourself is the first sign." Sirius shook those thoughts out of his head. "You know what, I'm just going to go downstairs and have fun," he decided nodding to himself in the mirror.

He swiftly exited his dorm with a final nod, worried for his sanity. Jogging down the five flights of stairs, Sirius made it to the spiral staircase leading to the common room right behind a certain brunette and redhead.

"I'm tell you I look like a fucking clown, Lily," Andrea fussed over her appearance, patting down the skirt of her dress to neaten the nonexistent wrinkles.

Sirius couldn't see the front of her, but Andrea looked pretty fucking amazing from the back.

"You don't look like a clown, Andy," Lily sighed. "Maybe a little like a jester-"

"That's the same as a clown!" Andrea exclaimed, throwing her hands up in frustration.

Sirius stayed hidden behind the curve of the wall, scared to make himself known. But there was no way Andrea Kate looked like a clown.

"I'm only joking, Andy," Lily giggled. "Besides, I'm sure Aaron-" (Sirius rolled his eyes) "will think you look beautiful," the redhead reassured.

"Okay," Andrea whispered. With a deep breath, she slowly made her way down the remaining stairs with Lily beside her.

Sirius took his own breath, regretting a little that he didn't voice his thoughts on Andrea's appearance when he had the chance. When it was clear that her and Lily were no longer on the staircase and had joined the party downstairs, Sirius thought it must've looked weird that he – the life of every party — was more than fashionably late.

So, he walked down and joined in the mess of sweaty bodies and deafening music.