•3•

The others swiftly moved next to us, seeming like guards to me because of how they surrounded Jungkook.

They weren't lying about it being dark. I've never ventured out of the tree house after dark for this reason precisely. Most nights, I had the moon acting as a night light to ease me to sleep. On the nights I didn't, I tried my best to keep my paranoia at bay. Those were the nights that I didn't get much sleep.

Right now, even though it was pitch black to me, the presence of my mates were soothing my usual fears. Jungkook's firm hold on me soothed my paranoia and acted as a sort of safety blanket.

I am confused, however, on how they could possibly see in this darkness. I could make out small glimpses of the forest when the full moon's rays could cast a glow through the thick layers of leaves, but a majority of the trip was left in blind darkness. I guess it's just a perk of such powerful nocturnal predator hybrids.

I'm really glad I agreed to be carried. I wouldn't be able to walk a couple steps into the darkness before tripping on a branch or freaking out over a small movement.

We emerged from the forest a couple minutes later. Their car was a huge pristine silver SUV. I've never owned a car before, but this one looked very expensive.

The area they parked was off the side of a road. I wondered why they would park here of all places?

Once we were near the car, Jin opened the side door and positioned one of the middle seats forward so it allowed access to the back seats. Jungkook set me on the middle of the back seat first before climbing in himself. He settled himself on my left side while Hoseok settled on my right.

"Aww. I wanted to sit next to her though." Taehyung whined as he solemnly settled in front of me. Jimin crawled over him to sit on his left while Yoongi settled on his right. Jin sat at the driver's seat while Namjoon took the remaining passenger seat.

Everyone quickly buckled up. (Safety first buckos)

"You have plenty of time to sit next to her Tae. Next time you can, okay?" Hoseok responded.

"Fine. I call carrying her out of the car. Oh yeah, here you go love!" He reached back and handed me my blanket wrapped belongings.

"Oh, thank you." I blushed at the nickname.

Jin started up the car before turning his head to glance at the back. His eyes scanned us before focusing on mine and releasing a grin.

"Everyone here? No one left behind?"

"Yep. I counted all sev- eight." Yoongi responded.

"Perfect."

The car began to move. It's been so long since I've been in a moving vehicle. I believe I can count the amount of car rides I've had with my fingers. I stare out the window in wonder as the car picks up pace and the scenery blurs past us.

"You're so cute. Have you been in a car before?" Jimin commented. I didn't even notice the majority of the guys' gazes were on me.

"Oh. Uh I have. I haven't really been on many of them though."

"You'll get all the car rides in the world. You'll get anything you want. Trust me."

My expression lifted as I giddily smiled.

"Really? Can I try ice cream? I've always heard that it tastes good."

Taehyung dramatically gasped.

"You've never had ice cream? Well that is going to change soon. You will have ice cream even if it takes my life."

I giggled as Yoongi turned and asked, "Do you want a specific kind?" I shook my head.