The End of What?

A full cast day on set felt bittersweet. Today was the day they began filming the 100th episode. 100 episodes with people who grew to become family. Taraji stood in the middle of the living room set, taking deep breaths. After they wrapped this season it was back to life without Empire. Some cast members flourishing beautifully in Hollywood, while some were planning their retirement. Hearing his voice, Raji turned, letting out a shaky breath as she felt the band of her engagement ring. They were filming the 100th episode and her time with the man she's loved for years was fleeting from her.

Things had grew awkward once Kelvin started coming around way more. Then he proposed and the closeness between her and Terry seemed to become nonexistent. She hated that things became this way. She wished they laughed on the set like they used to. She wished he would joke around with her again. She even missed him running his hands through her hair after a long day on set. She was at peace with him on set. She could be herself, natural and free with no judgement. He was her escape and after the season wrapped, so would their relationship. She loved Kelvin, but she grew in love with Terry. She cried with Terry. Her career exploded with Terry. She loved Terry more than anyone knew.

But time and time again, she was reminded that they couldn't be together. At least not publicly. That alone made her heart ache beyond words. "You good mama Raji?" Yazz asked seeing her looking off into space. "Yeah baby. I just need a nap that's all." She said with a fake smile. "I think we all do. Knowing that we're at the end makes me not want to film anymore. I'm gonna miss y'all man," Yazz confessed, wiping his stray tear. "Aww baby. We're family. We're always going to be around. You're going to make me cry," Raji said, pulling him in for a hug. Sanaa walked over to give direction. "We're about to do something real quick then I'll explain what I need you to do Yazz," she said.

Raji and Yazz sat down as everyone gathered into the room. So many smiling faces, original cast members, new cast members, day 1 crew, minus Jussie, who Taraji was hoping would surprise everyone for the last episode. "Wait where's Terry?" Raji asked, not seeing his face. Everyone turned around looking for him. "Terrence!" Sanaa yelled out. "Yeah! I'm right here," he said, walking around the corner. Raji let out a sigh of relief, glad to see him. "You guys! We are filming our 100th episode!! And we should be so happy and so proud. We have to remember that not every show makes it to 100 or more. Not everyone gets that opportunity," Sanaa started.

Raji nodded, looking at Terry from the corner of her eye. Knowing him, she knew his head wasn't dropped because he was looking for something. She didn't call him Terry bear for nothing. He was an emotional man, something she loved about him, no matter how much she joked about it. He was a big loveable teddy bear, with the strength and fight in him to protect everyone he loved. "I must say that without our cast and crew, our writers and directors. I mean everyone, we would not be here today so thank you everyone! Thank you for sticking it out with us this long. I am so grateful to everyone. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!" Sanaa concluded as everyone clapped and celebrated.

"This cake is sexy! Can I get one for my birthday!?" Tarhonda threw out, making everyone laugh. Keeping her eye on Terry, Raji felt her heart break. "Raji you want some?" She heard asked. "Um just a little," she responded, a hand on her chest as she went through a million thoughts. "Where did Terrence go now?" Teri asked. "Hmmmm that's weird. He was right here," Trai said. "I'll go see if he's in his trailer. I'll be back," Raji offered. "Okay we're back to filming in 45!" Sanaa made sure she told Taraji before she disappeared for 2 hours. Raji gave her a thumbs up before taking off. Shunta shook her head. Watching those two was draining and heartbreaking at the same time.

Getting to his trailer, Raji stood at the door unsure she should go inside. "Just check on him Raji. That's all. Get out your feelings," she spoke to herself. Before grabbing the handle, she heard her phone ringing. She answered it, knowing it would keep ringing until she did. "Yes Kelvin," she answered. "I'm going to be home late. A client scheduled a late session and I promised my son I'd come by and help him with some football techniques," he told her. She rolled her eyes hard. She knew he was lying his ass off but she didn't care at this point. There was a reason why she kept pushing the wedding back. He just couldn't say no to his many baby mamas, no matter how late or ridiculous the request was.