Chapter 4: Teased

Taiji

As Taiji got home, the sky had already gotten dark, she called out to her mother while she quickly put her shoes away. Without her realizing, she was still smiling, thinking about the laughs Kuroo had shared with her earlier.

Her older brother, Taeko Takashi, came to the door to greet her, noticed the goofy grin on her face, and started teasing her.

"Oya?" her brother called out loudly, "What are you smiling at, baka?"

This caught the attention of her mother, who was originally minding her own business, She smiled at herself as they made a guess of the cause.

"It's not what you think !" Taiji whined, recognizing the look on her brother's face.

Taiji quickly made her way to the kitchen to put away her lunchbox and greet her mother, who was making dinner. Taiji hoped to escape her older brother's teasing as she turned into the doorway.

" You came home rather late today," her mother teased, "What were you doing?"

Taiji's face flushed in embarrassment as her mother continued teasing her, sparing the poor girl no mercy. Taiji quickly left her lunchbox on the counter, rushed to her room to shower, and escaped from her family's teasing.

Kuroo

While the female captain was being teased by her brother, Kuroo had just returned home too, the tall bedhead was an only child, so he was spared the sibling banter. But the poor boy still had his grandmother and grandfather to deal with. What's worse was that Kenma and his mother were coming for dinner that night.

The tall boy quickly put his shoes away and tried to sneak to his room before his grandmother caught him. He nearly made it to his room, unfortunately, his grandmother noticed him just before he opened the door.

"Its late, Kuroo Tetsurou," his grandmother called out loudly as she leaned against the wall with her hands crossed,

"I got distracted," Kuroo lied, not wanting to endure his grandparent's teasing,

"Distracted?" his grandfather teased, "Or were you hanging out with a certain girl?"

Kuroo's face immediately became flushed as his grandparents mentioned his crush. Kenma had told them about his crush when he was a first-year, and his grandfather teased Kuroo for not asking her out throughout his first and second year.

His grandfather let out a quiet chuckle as he was satisfied with the blushing boy's reaction. He was glad that his grandson had finally made a move after crushing on that girl for 2 years.

Taiji

As Taiji told her family her reason for being late, which only made them tease her even more. Her family all knew about Kuroo, the boy who she complained about throughout her first and second year. Even they knew about the rooster head's obvious crush on Taiji, and that she secretly liked him back, but the poor girl was absolutely clueless.

"Is Tetsuroo-san your boyfriend, nee-chan?" her little brother, Taeko Taro, who was 6 years old, asked innocently,

Takashi snorted loudly at Taro's question. The little boy stared at Taiji with puppy eyes, almost as if he was asking for an answer.

Taiji smiled at the little boy and patted his head, "Kuroo is not my boyfriend, Taro,"

"Not yet," Takashi added,

Taiji glared at her older brother's comment, annoyed that he wouldn't drop the topic. Takashi knew something she didn't, what did he mean by 'not yet'?