Chapter Six

"Might I warn you, our guest are fond of whispering, and I don't think it's about your food. I've heard word they have allied themselves. The ninja have told them about our secret ceremony." Clouse says to Chen.

The combatants that have made it into the tournament so far, are sitting at a long, decorative table that is covered with food.

Chen is sitting in his throne-like chair with Clouse at his side. All of Chen's kabuki surrounds them, waiting for Chen to tell them what to do.

"It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power. I am." Chen declares and everyone gasps.

"But it's all for this staff." Chen claps his hand for his kabuki to reveal his staff.

After a couple of minutes, Chen is handed his staff of elements, and he presents it to everyone.

"For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history of Ninjago." Chen exclaims.

"You lie. What about the spell for turning your people into Anacondrai?" Lloyd confronts Chen.

"Spell? What spell?" Clouse asks playing dumb.

"Don't believe him, it's just another trick." Lloyd says to the fighters.

"How do we know you're not trying to get the staff for yourself?" The master of speed asks. All the fighters start whispering to each other and questioning who they should believe.

"So much for the alliance."Garmadon says.

•••

"Enough talk about me and Kai. What about you and Lloyd?" Skyler asks (Y/n) and raises a brow.

(Y/n) finishes chewing some of her food and looks at Skyler confused. "What about me and Lloyd?" (Y/n) asks oblivious.

"Seriously? He totally likes you." Skyler says elbowing (Y/n).

(Y/n) looks away sadly, not sure what to say. "Uh, I don't know..."

"Do you know how many times I've seen him look over at you?"

(Y/n) looks over at Lloyd. He turns his head, feeling like he's being watched, and Lloyd and (Y/n) make eye contact for a couple seconds before they both quickly look away.

Skyler gives (Y/n) this look like "See?". (Y/n) exhales and pushes her hands against the table to scoot out of her chair. She slowly gets up and pushes her chair back in.

"Where are you going?" Skyler asks. Her hands on her lap and her body facing forward, but her head is turned to look at (Y/n).

"Ya know what? I'm going to get some fresh air." (Y/n) says and walks outside. Lloyd sees (Y/n) walk out and decides to follow her.

The sun shines bright and birds fly around looking for food. Lloyd walks on the little yellow path and looks around to see where (Y/n) is.

Lloyd doesn't even know why he followed her. But he knows he needs to talk to her.

He spots (Y/n) sitting down by a tree in the shade with her knees up to her chest with her arms wrapped around her legs, and her head resting on her knees. She seems to be in deep thought.

"Hey." Lloyd greets (Y/n) as he walks over and sits crisscross next to her.

"Hey..." (Y/n) sighs.

"Is everything okay?" Lloyd asks with concern.

(Y/n) looks up at Lloyd and they make eye contact but (Y/n) looks away feeling awkward. "I guess...I'm just not used to having friends...Back at home, I didn't have anyone. It was just me...I didn't have to worry about anyone other than myself." (Y/n) explains.