ch. 10

I glare at Evie as she brings me a blood red and black dress.

"Don't give me that look. You're going to the ball and you are going to have fun. Your mom helped me fix this for you." She explains and I huff. "Now get changed." She orders as she walks out of my room. Stupid ball. Stupid dress. Stupid Ben and Mal.

With a sigh I start getting ready for the ball and mom walks in after I get the dress on, which is a little loose but I guess that's from the weight loss, and helps with my hair and she turns my straight, waist length, black hair to pretty curls.

"You look beautiful sweetie." She says and I look away. With a sigh she leads me to the car where we head to the ball on a ship. Yay.

As we're on the ship Jay keeps staring at me and I realize that Evie matched my dress with Jay's outfit. I glare at her and she grins before pushing Jay towards me.

"You um. You look beautiful." He says and I roll my eyes and look away. "Abby please forgive me. I'll do anything." He pleads and I shake my head. Before we can continue Mal arrives and soon Ben does to. He starts apologising to Mal until Uma shows up and my blood runs cold and Jay pulls me into his side. I don't listen to anything anyone says as I watch my brother look all lovey dovey with the daughter of the woman who ruined my life.

"Don't worry Abby. I'll make sure that you won't have to see her any longer." Jay murmurs into my ear and his hot breath on my cold skin makes me shiver. He goes to usher Mal and I off of the ship when Jane has the surprise that Ben made uncovered and we all turn and see the glass window that he had to depict the Mal that he sees.

Mal, Ben and Uma start to get into an argument before Mal breaks the spell that Uma put on Ben and Uma throws a temper tantrum before turning to me. She starts growing tentacles and she hits me hard in the stomach with one and I'm sent flying through the air and over the ships side as I feel bones break.

~Jay~

"No!" I shout as I watch Abby fly over the boat rails and without thinking I jump in after her and dive into the water as I watch her sink while she holds her arm and stomach. I grab her and pull her to the surface and she struggles against my tight hold and that's when I realize that she's really hurt.

"It's going to be alright!" I try and reasure her as I help her to the boat and keep her out of Mal and Uma's fight. I hold her to me as the people on the boat help us up and once we reach the rails I carefully help her to the ground before climbing over the rails. "Careful with her! She's injured." I state as someone tries to help her to her feet and they nod before being more careful.

I climb to my feet and hurry with Ben's mom to get Abby out of the way and off of the ship and to the nearest hospital.

"Why don't you go back to the ship and see if everything is ok?" Belle asks but I shake my head no.

"I want to stay with her." I answer and she nods as we climb into a car and drive to a hospital. When we arrive they hurry us to the back and start tending to Abby quickly.

"How is she?" Belle asks a doctor.

"It seems that she has two broken ribs and a broken arm." The doctor says.

"Will she be ok?" I ask and he nods.

"Will we be able to take her home?" Belle asks and again the doctor nods.

"She'll have to take things easy for about a month or two and she'll have to wear a cast on her arm but other than that she should be alright." He answers and we nod. "She'll need help for awhile." With that he leads us to her room and we find her getting her arm wrapped in a red cast.

"Do I get to sign it?" I ask and she rolls her eyes with a slight smile. "Yes?" She shakes her head no and I grin. "I'm signing it."

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Her mom asks and she gives her a thumbs up. "The doctor says that you get to go home. We're waiting for the paperwork first." Abby nods. "I'll go see if it's ready." With that Belle leaves and soon so does the nurse.

"So you won't be able to sign for awhile." I state and she nods. "So that means that you can't tell me no when I help you." I grin and she glares at me. "Abby I lo-" she jumps off of the hospital bed and slams a hand over my mouth. I take the hint at her glare and sigh. Baby steps. I gently wrap my arms around her and pull her into a hug. I'll break this curse on you Abby. I swear it.