47 // What Do You Hear?

"Come on," Harry pleads, tugging on my arm.

"I've already told you, I am the worst at dancing!" I remind him, planting my feet into the ground.

"Please," he asks once again, giving me puppy eyes.

"No," I say firmly.

He sighs. "I would just go dance on my own, but we both know what happened last time I left you unattended at the bar."

"Okay, but to be fair, that wasn't my fault."

"Please, Lili," he asks once again, "I really wanna dance."

"You're the worst." I roll my eyes, finally giving in. A bright smile takes over his face as he leads me onto the dance floor.

He shrugs his shoulders up and down while shaking his fists in an attempt to dance to the music. The man may be an international rockstar, but he dances like an old man. I stand to watch him, my arms folded.

Harry rolls his eyes and takes me by the hand, pulling me toward him. My chest bumps against his and the hand of his that wasn't holding mine went to my waist.

He sways our bodies back and forth to the upbeat music and I can't help but laugh. Letting go of my waist and pulling out and away from me and extending his arms to their full length, Harry sings the lyrics to the song dramatically.

More attention was on me than on him because he blended in with all the drunk, middle-aged men that were also enjoying themselves, and I stood out as I stood there awkwardly. There were so many people around that I felt too awkward and uncomfortable to dance.

"Come on, hun," Harry says, now getting insanely close to my face. A little too close for public. "Let loose."

He returned his hands to my hips, both of them this time. He tried to move them, guiding them along with his movements. I frowned at him, not wanting to dance.

The last thing I wanted to be was a buzzkill, but my social anxiety decided to be a bitch to me today. That is until the song that was playing came to an end.

Instead, I heard a familiar tune begin to play. Harry's face went pale as his eyes widen and he freezes his moves, immediately recognizing the song that now blared through the speakers as well. He desperately held back his laugh as the first lyrics of the song began to play.

Walk in your rainbow paradise.

Harry couldn't hold it in any longer and immediately bursts into laughter at his own song playing at the party. A few people around us sang along and Harry's face turned cherry red and he stopped dancing.

"Strawberry lipstick state of mind," I sang along loudly. I now felt completely comfortable, taking this song as my opportunity to embarrass him...on purpose.

I dance toward him and he shakes his head. Hearing his own song had obviously killed his mood, and he stood there with a crooked grin on his face as he laughed at the irony.

"Come on, hun. Let loose," I give him a taste of his own medicine.

He shakes his head vigorously, looking away from me.

"You don't have to say you love me," I yell at him, pointing, "you don't have to say nothing! You don't have to say YOU'RE MINE!!"

I grab his hand and spin myself as the chorus of the song plays loudly.

"I'D WALK THROUGH FIRE FOR YOU," I continue to sing to him and he just continues to laugh, "JUST LET ME ADORE YOU!"

Harry finally gives in and pulls me closer to him to dance, still chuckling.