Do you want to?

I picked up my phone and checked it again. Only one minute had passed since the last time I had looked at the time. Rosie was going to be here in around 10 minutes and here I was like a whipped and desperate teenager, sitting at my kitchen bench just waiting for her. My eyes glued to the door and I was checking the time every three seconds.

ROSIE POV 

I turn down Lisa's street, my quick driving yanking me around the corner at a speed much higher than what I intended for. The butterflies in my stomach made themselves known once the shock of my wild driving had calmed down. I had never noticed before because I had never really driven down this street at night, but there was only one night to illuminate the area. This is a large area and cars drive along this street almost constantly. It's also one of the streets that surrounds the main park So, why no street lights?

I was almost at Lisa's house when up ahead I spot two faint figures walking along the side of the road. They look familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it. I dim the lights so I don't blind these two people and realised that it's Jennie and Jisoo. Pushing my foot harder on the accelerator, I speed past them hoping they won't see that it's me in the car. What the hell are they doing walking around the streets at 8pm on a school night? Although... when I think about it, I am going on a date with my student at 8pm on a school night.

I pulled up on the side of the road by Lisa's house and waited until I couldn't see the girls anymore before actually pulling into her driveway and parking the car. I checked myself one last time in the mirror, applied a little lip gloss while I fixed my hair. As soon as I flipped up the little mirror above the steering wheel, a chilling sensation spread across my body, my neck hairs bristling.

Whipping around in my seat, I checked through the back windscreen and then again in my side mirrors, swallowing nervously. There was no one around.

I was paranoid because of the situation I was in.

I was paranoid because I was sneaking into my student's house.

I'm sure.

Ignoring the cold feeling that swept across my back and left an ugly feeling in the pit of my stomach, I switched off the ignition and grabbed the Thai takeout bag from the passenger seat.

Nearly falling over myself as I scrambled to find the doorbell. After looking for a good minute or two, I just gave up and knocked on the door, it was opened within 5 seconds of my knock as if Lisa had been standing there waiting for me.

The second I laid eyes on her, the yucky feeling subsided.

"Hi! I missed you!". She grasps me by the hand and pulls me inside the open door. Although, the look on my face mustn't have faded yet, because Lisa's smile switched up immediately. Her brow creased and her eyes filled with concern. "What's wrong?"

"Hm? No nothing, baby. Nothing". I squeeze her hand. "I just... It felt like someone was staring at me outside, it's nothing though. I was just being paranoid because of all of the sneaking around we've had to do".

At my words, Lisa's dark eyes narrow and she glances around outside suspiciously before pushing it shut. "Are you sure?'

"Yeah, Lis. Everything is fine. I missed you too". I step back a little to give her a proper look, I had not yet had the chance. Simple black slacks and a white t-shirt makes up her look for tonight. I, on the other hand, haven't had the chance to go home and change since school, so I'm still wearing my black mini dress and coat.

"Um, you can take off your coat and just put it on that chair there" Following her instructions, I shrug off my coat and slip out of my shoes, leaving them on the chair and by the doorway. She picks up the bag of Thai food, opens it and takes a look at its contents. "Oh my god, the Thai looks so good".