V - Day 2: DANIMA

I yawned as I slammed my back to the chair. What happened yesterday still can’t sink in my mind, it still feels so unreal. I slowly drifted my eyes to Clover and Zach, who were commanding the students to fall in line according to their respective sections. On the other hand, I was at the main desk and was the one assigned to watch the students log in the time they entered the campus.

Watching the students was like a dream job, the heaven that descends below the sky.

But the serenity leisurely suffices when my phone suddenly bleep.

It was a message from Zeus.

Zeus:
Update.

I frowned when I’ve read his message. I am no longer surprised at how short his message was—I mean, it was Zeus. A man who will not waste his effort to speak. Inis akong napakagat sa aking labi nang mapagtanto kong gusto nina Zeus at Darren na alamin ang bawat kilos at galaw ko. Tinatrato nila na para akong isang mahinang babae.

Even though I wanted to disregard Zeus’ message I still replied and told him what I was doing.

And after updating Zeus, here comes another annoying human being.

Darren:
How are you?

Darren:
Just checking if everything is fine.

Darren:
Don’t worry. I will track the developer of this game.

Darren:
This game is dangerous. So, please stay safe.

All of a sudden, I felt befuddled. The game was not my concern, with Darren and Zeus being cautious about my actions. I have a feeling that they will be watching my steps, and it is not good for me. But I am being befuddled with Darren’s action aside from teasing me, he is someone who doesn’t like concerning himself with others. On the other hand, Zeus always surprises us with his actions.

Me:
I’m fine. I’m with Zach and Clover. No need to worry.

Darren:
All right, just update us.

Darren:
We have to go.

Darren:
Take care.

“S—scarlett-chan… You betrayed me…” I quizzically looked at my back and saw Zach acting like a freaking idiot; he was touching his chest as if he was in deep pain while Clover was laughing as he sat next to me.

“Para kang tanga,”

“Pero kasi ang pagmamahal ko sa’yo ay parang tsokolate,”

“Anong pinagsasabi ng tangang ‘yan?” Tanong ko kay Clover na nagkibit-balikat lamang.

“Why is that?” Clover asked.

“Matamis kasi,”

“Shall we grab something to eat, Scarlett?” Clover asked, making me and the other students laugh. It was not cheesy instead it sounded corny.

“I’m really hurt. Scarlett-chan is exchanging messages with Darren,” Zach mumbled. Clover and I softly laughed. I pinched Zach’s cheeks and languidly looked at him.

“Bobo,” I said.

“I love you, too.” Zach smiled.

I cringed until my phone vibrated. I immediately locked the screen when I noticed the notification from DANIMA.

“Excuse me. Punta lang ako sa comfort room.” I swiftly scooted out to their sight and went to the comfort room and hid inside a cubicle.