Chapter 8

*Amina's Point of View.*

I woke up groggily and found myself holding onto something tightly. Opening my eyes, I was met with a hand. I jumped slightly before sitting up fully. Jax's sleeping figure stirred from the side of my bed. His eyes opened lethargically as he looked at me.

"You're finally awake," he muttered sleepily. His voice was husky from just waking up.

"W-What are you doing in my room?" I asked, getting straight to the point. The last I remembered, I fell asleep watching Jax work.

"I carried you up after I finished the proposal I was working on. You wouldn't let go of my arm and begged me not to leave, so I ended up falling asleep here," he explained as he stood. He stretched with a grunt before stretching out his neck.

"I took the day off so we can start looking online for maternity clothes for you," he said simply before he left my room. If I wasn't mistaken, Jax seemed to have changed from his original cold exterior. I felt myself falling into my old habit. The more I knew, the more I cared. The more I cared, the more sympathetic I was. The more sympathetic I was, the more I tried to help. The more I tried to help, the more I got attached. Only I thought I would be getting attached to the baby, not Jax. Last night, I knew wanting him to take a break wasn't simply out of kindness. I felt the need to help him, meaning I was getting attached to someone I couldn't. I shook off the thought as I grabbed clothes and took a quick shower. By the time I went downstairs for breakfast, Esther had finished cooking but Jax wasn't down yet. I was actually glad for it. I didn't quite know how to face him without trying to help just yet. Although, I wasn't sure I ever would. As I ate, the ringing of the doorbell announced someone's arrival. Esther and I looked at each other before Esther went to get the door. A moment later, a beautiful woman with honey-like blonde hair and wide, doe-like brown eyes came into the kitchen. It was clear she was from Jax's world. She wore a fitted red dress and the Chanel purse hooked on her arm didn't go unnoticed. She set a recyclable bag full of food on the kitchen counter and I abandoned my food to see what was going on.

"Hi, can you get this prepared for Jax. I brought him breakfast," the woman said, not even bothering to introduce herself.

"Master Jax is pretty particular about his meals. Have you already cleared this with him?" Esther asked the woman.

"If I told him, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?" She rolled her eyes at us.

"Jax hates surprises," I found myself saying.

"You're just the help. I'll take the blame anyway, just do it," she snapped at us. Esther shot me a look. I knew she didn't want to upset Jax, but she couldn't really say anything to the woman.

"If you mess with his meals, he won't eat. If he doesn't eat, he'll be cranky and less efficient. You want to take the blame for that?" I asked rhetorically.

"It's not that hard to make this and give it to him," she whined.

"So you want us to make it, on top of it not being wanted in the first place? Does Jax even know you're coming? Who are you?" I asked, getting irritated.

"I could ask you the same thing. Whatever. It won't take much to get you fired anyway," she said resolutely as she flipped her hair over her shoulder. I looked down as I laughed to myself quietly. It would be impossible to fire me, if you considered what I was doing a job.

"You're laughing? Who the hell do you think you are?" The woman yelled as she grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to her. I could see this going downhill quickly.

"Siobhan! Let go of her," Jax ordered as he came into the kitchen. The woman named Siobhan scoffed before letting go. I took a few steps back to stand next to Esther. Jax looked at the scene before him before turning his glare to Siobhan.

"What the hell do you think you're doing in my house?" Jax seethed lowly. Siobhan was clearly intimidated, but she tried to stand her ground.

"I just wanted to make you breakfast but they wouldn't listen to me. And the young one started running her mouth... she upset me. I'm sure she can find a job somewhere else. Why don't you let her go?" Siobhan explained as she pouted. Jax looked to me briefly as I tried to rub my arm discreetly.

"Min, are you okay?" He asked me. I was a little caught off guard by the nickname, but I nodded hesitantly anyway. He sighed before turning back to Siobhan.

"From what I saw, you're the one who came unannounced, you're the one who caused trouble, and you assaulted her," Jax laid out the facts.

"But-"

"One: our relationship is purely business, don't cross the line. Two: I hate when my meals are messed with; both Esther and Amina know this and we're probably trying to stop you. Three: Esther is my employee, but Amina is not. Four: don't ever drop by my house unannounced again. If you do, I give both of them permission not to let you in if all you're going to do is cause trouble," Jax explained calmly. Siobhan pouted as she eyed me.

"If she's not your employee, then who is she?" Siobhan asked. I was curious to see how he answered this question as well. I had no idea who that woman was, but it was clear that she liked Jax, and I was supposed to be a secret.

"Amina is carrying my child," he answered honestly. Siobhan's face went to one of shock as she staggered back a step.

"S-She's pregnant?" Siobhan asked in a breath. Jax nodded.

"So I don't ever want to see you touch her again. If I catch you doing it again and she loses the baby, all bets are off," he gave her the ultimatum. I was still curious about who she was, but I kept my mouth shut.

"Go. I'll see you during our scheduled meeting... tomorrow," Jax said to her. She grabbed her bag of food and left without another word. I released a breath I didn't even realize I was holding as I openly rubbed my arm. Siobhan's grip was surprisingly tight.

"Who was that?" I wondered out loud. Jax sighed as he looked to the floor.

"The daughter of Dyer Group, Siobhan Dyer... my fiancé," he answered.