Chapter 5

Making up his mind that he needed to boost his performance even more so mommy would like him more, Little Star raised his hands and said he could put his own clothes on.

For the fun of it, Cheng Huan accepted his proposal. She put the clothes down, stood to one side, and said to him, "Okay, you put them on yourself then."

This was not Little Star's first time putting clothes on by himself. He was somewhat experienced and knew what went on first.

He picked up his underwear and raised it up to eye level. He stared at it for a while solemnly before he lifted one of his legs and put it through one of the openings.

Cheng Huan, sitting to one side, tried hard not to laugh out loud while watching him putting it on backward. She purposefully omitted pointing that out to him.

Little Star proudly put his underwear on, stood back up, and pulled it up. It was only after he had pulled it all the way up before he realized something didn't feel right.

The little kiddo looked down and stared at the glaringly obvious extra fabric between his legs and let out an "Eh?". He reached out and touched the backside of it before he finally realized what was wrong with it.

He peeked at his mother quickly, and Cheng Huan quickly turned away and pretended she hadn't noticed his mistake. Little Star let out a sigh of relief secretly before he pulled his underwear down and flipped it so the right side faced forward as fast as he could.

Putting on clothes was no small feat!

Little Star patted the only fabric on his body as though he had achieved some great accomplishment.

"Mom!"

"Hmm?" Cheng Huan turned back at him and exclaimed like she had just noticed, "Little Star put it on by himself! You are so good!"

"Keke."

The little kiddo was very happy after he was praised. He pulled over a top from the side and started putting that on too.

The set of clothes that Cheng Huan had picked up with a short-sleeve white tee and a pair of medium-length army green shorts. She had washed the set carefully the night before and it still has the scent of the detergent.

Little Star, with the tee in his hand, looked at it forward and back. He studied it for half a day and still couldn't figure out how to put it in. He pouted as he thought about it, found an opening, and was about to thrust his hand through.

"Alright. Let me help you with that."

Cheng Huan stopped him quickly when she noticed that the little kiddo was thrusting his hands through the collar.

"I will help you with the rest of them."

Little Star, feeling slightly embarrassed, said, "Mom, I can do it."

"I know that Little Star can put his clothes on by himself, but you are still a baby. Sometimes it's okay to let others help you," said Cheng Huan as she took the tee from the little kiddo, shifted it right side up, and pulled it over his head.

"C'mon, put your arm through here."

"Oh."

The little kiddo looked at the cuffs with his head cocked and put his arm through it.

After he has put on his clothes and shoes, Cheng Huan tidied him up some more. The little kiddo obviously has some great genes. Having a new set of clothes on turned him from a little bum to a handsome little boy.

"Okay, we are done. Our Little Star is so good looking!"

Little Star's gluttony side had been dragged out by the food smell a long time ago. He hopped off the bed immediately as soon as Cheng Huan said they were done.