Neuf

The pounding in my head is the first thing to catch my attention, the next is the gentle caresses down the length of my right leg.

My eyes flutter open but I almost immediately regret it, the muscles moving in my face causing extreme discomfort to my left cheek. What the fuck happened?

"Just relax." I tilt my head to the side and catch Harry in the corner of my vision.

He's sitting on the couch with my legs over his lap, that explains the soft touch on my leg.

I try to sit up but it's not much use, my body feels so weak and limp it's hard to even try to keep myself up. Harry shakes his head and holds his hand down against my stomach, telling me once more to relax.

Louis walks through the front door moments later with a couple paper bags clutched in his arms. A tall blond trailing in behind him with a chunky suitcase.

"Oh, she's finally come to." I furrow my brows, how long have I been out?

Lou and the new -to me- man join us on the opposite couch, the two of them staring at me as if I were a wild animal or something. I groan and shake my head.

"Can you keep your eyes to yourself?" Blondie laughs at me while Harry tells me to calm down and Louis calls for me to shut up.

"Jeez, calm down hot stuff. You've been out for twenty-four hours, we've been worried." I don't manage to say anything more by the time his words register in my mind. Twenty-four hours? He's gotta be pulling on my tit or something.

"What happened to me?" Against my better judgement and Harrys pleas for me to stay still, I drag myself up and plant my feet steady on the floor.

I can't bring myself to stand so I just fall back into the couch, groaning when I hit my head hard against the wooden plank across the top of the chair.

Harry clears his throat, looking at Louis in hopes of someone else enlightening me but the two other men only look back at him with dumb glances.

"Thanks for the help." Harry groans, turning to face me beside him. "It was snake venom. We have a few security 'fences' in place to keep us safe.. You just happened to run into one." I can't help but snap my head between Harry and Louie. Fucking idiots.

"Don't you think you should've told me that before we got out of the car?" I manage to push myself up onto my feet without much struggle. "I could've literally died out there you dickheads." I stand with a hand on my hip, waving my hand like a maniac.

"Well you didn't and that's the part you left out." I bring my fingers to my temple and rub circles over the surface.

Blondie snickers at Louis' stupid comment, Harry shoots them both a warning glare but it doesn't shut them up.

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stand this.

"You're sleeping outside Tomlinson. You too blondie, take your shit out the back." I shake my head and stomp my way down the hall but not before catching the shock on both of their faces.

I'm about to close the door to the far bedroom but Harry sticks his foot between the frame and it bounces back open. Not in the mood I wave his off and fall backwards onto the stiff mattress.

My regret is instant, a cloud of dust emitting from the musky smelling duvet. I close my eyes and hold my breath, sitting back up and trying to get away from the bed as quickly as possible. My allergies are going to have a bloody field day now.

"Don't take anything he says personally, he just likes to get a rise out of people." I rub my eyes and clear my throat, being careful not to nudge my cheek. I bring my hands to my sides and only now realise that I haven't even seen what I look like post near death.