Reception 1

Not only the reporters came to take a glimpse of the wedding of the year.
It was a local wedding but no less grand than any overseas wedding.
The decoration in the church are elegant and beautiful.
The flowers are overflowing.
The guests are not common people and everyone looks dignified from the other.
The man of honor is a successful business man and his parents are also people in this industry.
They have connections in and out of the country making them formidable and the focus of envy.
And today he will remarry a woman in the social circle who was young and beautiful but has lesser connection and prestige. But when she went out of the car and started walking down the isle everyone focus of envy is no longer the cinderella but her prince.
Such beauty and grace. Face that can sunk thousand ships.
Everyone who has a cellphone can't help but take a picture of that walking goddess.

"Here is my daughter. Please take care of her from now on." Mr. Yurlin said with a smile.

Ian smiles and nod.
He then take Monet's hand.

"My armpit is sweating." Monet whispers.

"Puuh--" Ian almost burst into laughter but he held it in.
Walk their way to the altar.

The two kneeled in front of the altar.

"Can't he talk faster? My feet hurts." She whisper again.

"Endure." Ian whisper back.

"Easy for you to say."

"Should I wear the heels then?"

"If you can."

"I believe I can."

"Oh? Did you try? Mah, I didn't know you have such fettish."

"No. At the university we performed in the school founding day wearing dress and heels."

"Pffttt-- do you have pictures?"

"Harry has a video."

"I want to see it."

"You can."

"Ehem." The priest cough and look wryly at the two whispering couple.
The two look up in the same time with a serious face as if not admitting they've been caught chattering.

****

"Look at him. Smiling so happily." Kevin pouts.

"Isn't it good?" Harry smiles happily.

"But he was so against this wedding. And how come he is marrying another goddess? Why is it always him who have the most beautiful girl?" Kevin pouts.

"Maybe it is time for you to find your own butterfly so you can stop envying all the people getting married." Harry tease.

"Excuse me. I am only 31. I don't have to be in a hurry. Sides woman are only good at first. Let's see if he will be able to smile after a month."

"You also said that when he marry Wendy."

"Wendy is different. She is my friend too."

"Good grief, this idiot." Harry shakes his head with a smile.

***

"M...mom?" Isaac knock and open the door.

"Hmm?Did you come to get me?" Monet is putting a lipstick wearing another light colored dress in the reception.

"Dad is with Uncle Harry and Uncle Kevin. I came to get you."

"I see."
She finished her make up and look at Isaac.
"Do I look beautiful?"

"Uh--yeah."
Isaac blushes and look down.

"Hmm.That is good then. People will not be able to say your mother is ugly."

"Hmm."

The two walks to the reception venue.
Different guests she never knew are congratulating her.
She walks with ease and with light smile in jer lips. She was so used to talking to people she doesn't know as a princess she has to always act friendly and shows her kindness or people will start talking bad at her.
Though personally she wouldn't mind being talk behind her back it is different being a princess, she represents her entire kingdom and that restricts her.

Today, she also represent her family and her husband, being impolite is not acceptable but she is not as burdened as before. Having a little temper is also elegant.

"I wonder how the new Mrs. Cornelian meets her husband?"

This question sounds honest and naive but it was laced with malice.
Everyone was aware more or less how the marriage happen. It is a political marriage.
The question is to dampen the high spirit and festive occassion.

"This...We should not ask something like that.." a third party try to avoid the awkward topic.

"Why not? I am also in marrying age. I am very gossipy. Is it not comfortable to ask this question?" The woman blinks as if she meant nothing bad.
The third party clicked his tongue. Very much aware that the girl is causing trouble.

"I actually do not mind.We met in my house. He ask me if he is being inconsiderate because of our sudden marriage. I am very much willing to marry such a capable man. After that he invited me to eat. He also introduced our son to me. We talk about small things."

Isaac blinks and look up.
He also know that the woman is somehow malicious. Though she looks innocent the glint in her eyes is pure of malice.
But her calm mother can answer her effortlessly. She looks confident and calm making her look more beautiful.

"Oh. But I heard that you only--"

"What is taking you so long?" Ian frowns and walk to Monet and Isaac's location. He then went to hold Monet's other hand that is not holding Isaac's hand.

"The guests are waiting for you." Ian said looking at her.

Monet smiles.
"Saving a damsel in distress?"

Her remarks make the people around wide eyes.
Even Ian eyes widen but then he winks.
"Your knight and shinning armor arrives just in time."

"Oh my. Should I close my eyes to receive a kiss?"

"Pfftt--Let's go. Your parents wants to see you."

The couple and their son left.
The woman who are left stunned are subjected to ridiculing gaze.
Then the crowd slowly left her.

Of course that woman doesn't want to be an enemy of such powerful Cornelian. She is just frustrated because she is one of the candidate to marry Ian. She is just angry because this no name Monet Yurlin is the chosen one.
She is pretty too and her family is much more powerful and has more connections.

Monet looks up.
"Slow down. Isaac is having a hard time following us. I am having a hard time. I am wearing heels, you know."

"I am sorry. I don't know that not showing enthusiasm in our marriage can make you subjected to such ridicule." Ian stops walking and said looking at Monet.
It is absurd. It is his wedding day. How can people blame them in such a festive occassion?

Monet giggles.
"You should know how viscious women can be. I am fine though. I will not let anyone belittle our marriage."

"Hmm."

"That woman is malicious." Isaac said.

"Little Isaac has good eyes. You should stay away to women like that. I will not allow a daughter-in-law who doesn't have any elegance in her."

"Daughter-in-law? I am 9!"

"Preparing is also a key to a good future."

Ian laughs seeing Isaac's conflicted gaze.

A/N:

Lols

I am being lazyyyyyy.
Want to eat but don't want to cook.
Want to drink but refuse to stand up.

My hand hurts from typing too much in my phone.

Fingers cramping.
Lols