chapter twenty-three.

ALLISON TOSSED AND TURNED FOR WHAT FELT LIKE THE HUNDREDTH TIME THAT NIGHT. Everytime she closed her eyes, she saw Daryl walking away with Merle. She watched him with sad eyes and also a glare on her face, not believing that he would just leave like that.

He didn't even look at her once he left and that's what hurt her the most. He didn't even say goodbye. He couldn't even say goodbye when she was right in front of him.

The baby's cries seemed even louder than they ever did and Allison got up from her bed, walking over to the cell and saw her in the small crib, screaming her lungs off as if she was getting killed. Allison seemed to be the only one that heard her, or the only one that cared.

She lifted her up gently, holding her in her arms. "Shh, shh." Allison gently tried to get her to be quiet without losing her temper.

She cried even louder once she was in her arms, making Allison believe that she didn't like her too much. "What do you want?" She asked her, obviously not getting an answer.

"It's okay, you're okay, baby. No need to cry. I got you." Allison was tearing up at the sight of her, how she actually cut this baby out of Lori and how she saved her life.

Judith quieted down, her cries getting slower and slower as Allison rocked her. "It's okay..." She didn't know if she was telling that to herself or to the baby.

-

The next morning, Rick had gone in to check on Judith and saw Allison sleeping on the bunk, his baby girl next to her, the two sleeping soundly.

Rick chuckled lowly and he grabbed the camera that Glenn had found not too long ago and snapped a picture, smiling at the two.

Allison flinched awake once he did that, looking around the room. She turned to Judith and smiled to her, not realizing that Rick was standing on the doorway.

He cleared his throat, making himself known. "Hey."

Allison looked to him and sat up, smiling slightly. "Hey, sorry. She was crying all night and-"

"It's fine." Rick told her.

Allison wiped her face, squinting her eyes at the bright sunlight out the window. "You need help with something?" She asked him.

Rick shook his head and then looked to his baby, her tossing and turning a bit in the bed, groaning. "No, no. Could you just watch her for a while?" He whispered, not wanting to wake her up.

"Of course." Allison knew what the baby wanted. She wanted her mother. The woman still see's blood on her hands from that day with Lori. She doesn't know what's real and what's not real at this point. She just needed someone to talk to, and the only person who she would talk to is gone and he's not coming back.

A tear unknowingly fell down her face, Allison instantly wiping it away. Beth had come into the room, seeing her older sister crying on the bed next to the baby and she sighed sadly, knowing that she's had a hard time lately.

"Hey, Ally." Beth whispered, moving next to her on the bed.

"Hey." Allison sighed, giving her sister a faded smile.

Beth didn't say anything else as she just wrapped her arms around her sister tightly, Allison sighed into her. "He's gone." She spoke lightly, not knowing if her younger sister had heard her.

Beth hugged her tighter, Allison getting her answer. The two jumped apart as they heard gunshots from outside.

"What was that?" Beth asked in fear as the baby started to cry loudly.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." Allison told her sister, running outside.

Maggie was right behind her with machine guns, handing them to everyone. Sophia was next to Carl, the two of them trying to shoot the sniper up in the guard tower.

Allison ran towards them, checking them for any wounds. "Are you guys alright?" Once they both nodded, she sighed in relief.

She inhaled and exhaled deeply as she aimed her gun at the sniper, her breath trembling a bit as she pulled the trigger, seeing the person go down, instantly killed. One. She counted.

The bullets stopped, the sound of an engine coming towards them. Allison turned over her shoulder and saw a bright orange truck make it's way through, taking down their gates and parking right in front of the prison.

Allison looked to Maggie, who had the same look on her face. Confusion and fear. The back of the truck opened and not moments later, walkers came out of it, walking towards human flesh.

She looked to where Rick was and saw her father down in the grass, shooting the walkers that were coming towards him. Her eyes widened in fear as she tried her best to kill the walkers in the field, getting them away from her father.

Rick's gun clicked and Allison saw this, trying to get closer to him so she could help. She used one of her throwing knives to kill one of them, but she only hit their shoulder.

She groaned in response, starting to get even more angry at this 'governor' person. She had seen Glenn ride up in a gray truck as the guys left, everyone now shooting the walkers.

As Allison was running towards Rick, she felt cold hands grab her ankle harshly and she fell right on her stitched up hip, not expecting to be grabbed onto.

Looking down, she saw it was a walker, trying to get a bite of her. She groaned and kicked it in the face, it not budging. She couldn't grab her gun because it was around her torso, so by the time she could grab it, it already would've been too late. Her pistol was out of bullets and her throwing knives were in her boot.

Just as she was about to give up on killing the walker, an arrow was plunged through its skull, Allison looking up and seeing Daryl standing there, holding out his hand.

She just glared at him and then got up herself, ignoring him completely as she shot down more of the walkers.

Maggie called to her and she ran towards her into the prison yard, being close to her sister.