Roses - Namjoon

I can't

I can't do this anymore

I can't breathe

I'm beyond exhausted

I want to stop running

But if I stop, he'll get me

He will kill me

I have to keep running

I lose all hope when I reach a dead end. I spot a dustbin close by so I run and hide behind it. I close my mouth with my hand to stop any sounds coming from it.

Dead silence....

Dead silence for a few minutes.

He left?

I waited for a few more minutes before I peeked out.

I immediately squatted down again when I caught a glimpse of a shadow emerging from the corner of the road.

It was him.

He walked closer to me humming an odd tune on his way.

I tried to suppress my whimpered cries as I saw the blade of the knife he's holding shine in the moonlight.

"I know you're here cus'
I can smell you. You smell like roses," I hear him say and I feel him stop and inhale the night breeze.

.

.

.

"Found you."

I screamed my lungs out and jolted out of my place and tried to get as far as I can away from him.

But he managed to catch my wrist and pin me to the cement wall nearby.

"Please don't kill me please don't kill me!" I kept begging him but he tilts his head.

"Oh I wish but I have to."

The next thing I feel is a sharp stinging pain in my abdomen. He closes my mouth with his hand so that no one can hear me scream.

"You smell so good, just like roses," He says sniffing my neck and with that my vision blacks out.

____

I wake up breathing heavily, beads of sweat dripping from my forehead. I look around to find myself in my own room.

It was a nightmare, again.

~Next Morning~

"These nightmares haunt me every night! I can't even sleep," I tell my friend Irene.

We both decided to meet up and get a drink at a cafe close to my house so here we are.

"This guy chases me in every dream and kills me. Then I wake up. I haven't seen that guy before! I don't know why he appears in my dreams," I grumbled.

Irene grips my hand and says, "I've told you already that this happens because you've been living alone for the past 2 years. That loneliness is starting to affect you more and more everyday," she sighs.

"I really want to help you but my company wouldn't allow me to stay anywhere else other than the dorm. Plus we have a concert coming next week so we gotta practice hard for it," Irene says.

"It's okay. You don't have to move into my house. Hopefully these nightmares will stop one day by itself," I look down.

"But I don't want to leave you alone. I think you should try dating someone. I came across this new dating app recently. If I ask you to try it out when you go home, you're probably gonna forget so I'm going to set you up on a blind date and I'll text you the timing tonight. Be ready on time tomorrow okay?" She says.