Chapter VII

**A Moments Peace**
I lost track of time. I worked on practicing every spell I currently knew, picking each one apart. It was only when the sun began to rise did I realize I had been out all night. I was drenched in sweat, and my body felt strangely...empty. I felt exhausted but I was much more familiar with the three "spells" inside my grimoire. The first spell was a "particle bast," that's what is was called anyway, apparently it acted as a ball of energy that I could shoot out of my hand.

The second spell was "Extended time," this was the spell that allowed me to control a certain place in time. At first, I thought I could only slow time down, but after working with it for a while, I realized that I could manipulate it in anyway I wanted, given that certain circumstances were fulfilled.

The third was the newest spell I had learned. "Intangibility" was it's name. Apparently with this spell I had the ability to become completely immune to all physical aspects. I still didn't quite understand how this was all possible, but I did know that I could manipulate different parts of my body with this spell. The only downside was I had to focus on maintaining the corporeality of the bottom of my feet because I, in one of the most terrifying moments of my life, discovered that if I didn't, I would begin to sink through the ground.

I thought of asking Yami about my magic and my grimoire but that idea was quickly dashed away when a giant floating water ball came soaring at me from deep inside the woods. I flung my body to the side just as said water ball smashed into the castle door, spraying water in all directions and ultimately drenching my already sweaty body.

The makeshift shower was refreshing enough but the flying water ball it had come from had not seemed all that friendly.

And then, there was another. The motion of its path was erratic, almost like the ball had a mind of its own. Is that a thing too? Can water think by itself? I watched the ball zig-zag back and forth as it made its way in my direction. I thought for sure it was going to hit me- but then it didn't. Instead, it made a sharp right turn and launched itself back into the woods.

"Ahhhh why can't I get it!" A distressed female voice sounded from inside the woods following a loud splash that I could only asume was the water ball finally finding a target to hit.

Nope, not my problem. I thought to myself as I decided to go back inside. I tried to cast the intangibility spell again but was surprised when a sharp pain erupted inside my head. Guess not.

I waited for the pain to subside before making the decision to look for another way into the hideout. I turned the corner of the building only to see a very prestigious looking girl march her way up to what looked like an old entrance into the hideout.

I hurried to follow her inside, scared that once she got in, the door would magically disappear, which probably could've actually happened. When I reached the door I saw that she had stopped and was standing in front of both Asta and Magna. Asta had his hand held out to her in what looked like a friendly exchange and she looked at it in disgust before rudely slapping it away.

"Dont speak to me so causally! You're a little insect of a commoner with barely any mana." Her voice was cold and laced with distain.

"Little insect?" Asta straightened as he mocked her words.

"Jeez, commoner?" Magna signed.

"My name is Noelle Silva, of the Royal Silva house." She spoke to them as if they were bugs on her shoe.

Guess that's another person to avoid. I thought as I backed alway from the scene only to remember that I had no other way of getting inside. Yami would let me use the front door, right?

"Oh hey! Elizabeth!" Astas voice boomed and my plans of avoiding conflict were shattered. The snooty girl turned to me, gave me a quick once over before settling me with a nasty glare.

"And who are you supposed to be?" She asked like she was royalty... which I guess she actually was.

"Elizabeth?" My voice raised an octave and it came out sounding more like a question rather than a response.

"Well yeah, I already got that much from the insect over there." She scoffed, "your definitely not royalty like me, that's for sure." This girl was steadily increasing my blood pressure.

"Can I just please get past?" I asked, trying my best to maintain my shy temperament. If you haven't already noticed, I have two different sides. One is shy and submissive and the other one is sarcastic and witty. Around new people, I was usually shy. Around people that intimidated me, I was always shy.

"Wait who do you think you are calling insects!" Asta yelped up, dragging the princesses attention away from me. I gratefully took the opportunity to make my swift exit into the hideout while those two started to bicker.

"Jeez, this place never has a moments peace does it?" I thought out loud.

"No it really doesn't," the shrill voice stopped me dead in my tracks, "I'm afraid you joined the wrong squad if you wanted some peace and quiet though." Ice ran through my veins as I stood face to face with Luck. His eyes were just as blue as the last time I saw them, and they were just as terrifying too.

"What?" His eyebrow s knitted together in confusion as he watched me, "you wanna fight me or something?" He asked me and his confusion was quickly replaced with an excited smile, "I'd love to if you wanna!" Miniatures bolt of lightning began to spring out of his body. Terror shot through me as I tired to resist the urge to turn around and run the other direction.

"N-no!" My mouth went dry as he looked at me with intense interest.

"What! Why not? You were lookin at me all funny! I thought for sure you wanted to fight!" He looked at me, dejected.

"Umm- I uh-no." I squeaked.

"Aww mannn, Yami told me you had a four leaf clover! I really wanted to see what you could do!" Four leaf clover? My mind shot to the strangers words back at the cathedral, Did he mean my grimoire?

"Hey!" His voice shook me out of my thoughts, "you got any idea where Magna is?" I immediately pointed down the hallway that I had just emerged from.

"Thanks a bunch!" Luck said quickly as he began racing down the corridor, "we should really fight sometime though! I think it would be fun!" I heard him call out to me just before his voice faded away.

Two encounters with two individuals I didn't like was enough for me, I was going back to bed.

A/N: Please dont hurt me. I'm just an innocent fanfic writer trying to be a successful highschool student. I know I haven't been updating... like at all. I can't promise I'll update quicker, but I'll definitely try my best!

Thanks for reading though! :D