Chatper 7

"Hey" I say to Asher as I answer the FaceTime call.

"Hey" he says moving around before placing his phone down so I can see him.

I haven't told him about the boys helping me out yet, "I'll be there tomorrow afternoon" he tells me.

"George, Brad and Ace have been helping me a lot with packing and moving stuff"

He pauses and stares at me then raising his brow, "All of them?"

"Yeah, Lillian insisted" I press my lips into a thin line.

He nods, "Have you went to any viewings of apartments?"

"Nope, but when everything is cleared out here I think I'll stay with Lillian because she offered" I haven't even looked for an apartment, I don't know why but I've been holding it off for as long as possible.

"Lillian's...where Ace is"

"Ace doesn't live there and would you stop hating on him so much" I don't know why I'm defending him.

"I don't hate him Cam, it's been five years"

"Then why you acting like you do?"

"He broke your heart Cam.."

"Doesn't mean you can't be friends with him, Ash..he was your friend first once, your best friend...don't you miss him?"

"Don't you?"

Yes.

"No, but if you do why don't you give him a call? I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you"

"Nah, I lost that privilege years ago but hey, I'll be there tomorrow and we can do shit ourselves..like always" he smiles.

I nod with a smile, "Okay, night"

"Night" he says and hangs up.

Asher and I have become unbelievably close during these five years, still have our banter like we always will but it's been different since mum was sick and recently passed.

"Hey!" I hear and open my eyes looking towards the door seeing Brad standing there with a boyish smile. "Morning sunshine"

I jump up confused, "How are you in my house?"

"We let ourselves in and we realised you were still sleeping so we just got on with everything and well..we need your help now"

"You let yourselves in?"

"Yeah, key in the pot that hangs near the door" he demonstrates, not needing to.

"How'd.."

"Ace remembered when you weren't answering the door"

"Oh"

I stand up as he stands in place watching me carefully, "I'll meet you downstairs" I laugh.

He puts his hands up in surrender, "My bad, I thought I'd get a show"

"In your dreams Brad" I shake my head.

"Indeed" he closed the door.

I change into a pair of yoga pants with a t-shirt and a sports bra underneath, I pull socks onto my feet and head downstairs.

"I made breakfast.." Ace says pushing a plate on the island counter. He made scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages and toast.

"I didn't have anything in"

"I bought some stuff for your refrigerator" he smiles, "I made you coffee too" he points to the steaming hot mug.

"Thanks" I smile and sit down on the stool, "You don't have to" and he shrugs.