Part Five

Bahari came back with her head high. Her breathing was heavy and slowed. Her eyes loopy from the the treatment but she still glared at the guards with the rage of a tsunami.

It was awesome.

I laid on the ground, looking at nothing. My eyes fluttered closed, but I willed them to open again. My breathing was harsh as I mumbled into the dark cave. "I'm going to get out of here."

Bahari barked out a laugh. "How long have you been saying that?"

I rolled my head to face her. "I'm serious. I won't die here."

"Oh honey, you already have." She chuckled.

I tried to sit up straighter, only stumbling in the process. "I will get out of here."

She snorted not believing me. "When you do, be sure to let me out of here while your at it."

Bingo. That was exactly what I wanted to hear.

"If I do, what will you give me?" I asked innocently. "I heard creatures make deals with sea witches, so if I get you out of here, what is my end of the bargain?"

She looked at me like I was a child with dreams that would never get any further then my bedroom. But she humoured me. "I am Bahari. I can give you anything you desire."

I took a moment to think about it. Like I hadn't already spent hours knowing exactly what to say in this situation.

"Right now, I could use a body with the strength of silver." I suggested like it was a joke.

She puffed a breath. "Silver? Why the hell silver and not gold?"

I attempted to shrug my shoulders. "I've always liked the colour."

Bahari spoke about making a name. So I would make my name. When I was a child, silver had always been my thing. Now I would use that.

Everyone who knew me as a child, would know I was coming for them.

"When I get out of here," I swore, "I will let you out in exchange for a body of silver."

Bahari wheezed out a laugh. "I'll make that deal with you fox."