51. Nell

Lamonte's POV

I was sitting at my office desk just thinking about my little family at home and I couldn't wait to get back to them.

I looked through some contracts and called my assistant to collect them.

I was getting ready to leave when my assistant transferred a call to my work phone.

"Hey, big shot," a familiar voice echoed on the phone.

"I'm sorry, who is this?," I said in my business-like tone.

"That's crazy. You don't recognize the nigga that you left high and dry? The nigga that had ya back when nobody else did?," he gritted his teeth together and inhaled a sharp breath.

"Nell," I whispered.

Nell is the leader of the gang I was affiliated with back in high school.

The one that...

Got my sister killed right, the fuck, in front of me.

"Yeah, you damn right it's Nell."

"Why the hell you getting in contact with me after all these years? How you even find me, huh?," I questioned confused as to what the reason might be for his calling me.

"I want ya money, that's why I'm in contact witcha. You owe me, fool and don't worry about how I found ya," Nell said.

"I owe you, nigga!? You the reason why my sister gone. You the reason why I am the way I am. I don't owe you shit, nigga. Yo ass was supposed to be my friend and you sold me out. Fuck you!," I yelled angrily, feeling my blood boil in my veins.

I slammed the telephone down and made my way back home.

I pulled up in the driveway and I didn't see Ashanti's Camaro anywhere.

I quickly got out of my car and searched for her around the house yelling out her name, but as I suspected there was no answer.

I called her phone and it went straight to voice mail.

I tried calling a second time and she picked up.

"Baby, where are you and Charliese? I need you guys to get back home now," I said pacing running my fingers through my curls.

A nigga started laughing on the line and then spoke, "Shouldn't have hung up on me. Now, ya bitch has a higher chance of dying if you don't do what the fuck I say."

"Nell, what the fuck is wrong with you? This my family you fucking with... for the second time."

"Look, you gonna shut the fuck up and listen to me. You can come get this bitch if you pull up and face me like you was been supposed to do. Just you, and if the cops show up I'll kill her. I'll send you the address," he hung up and a few seconds later he sent the address like he said he would.

I ball up my fists angrily trying to keep my cool as I run upstairs for my gun.

I search my office for my gun while I dial Ajax.

Ajax picks up, "Hey, ma—"

I cut him off, "Nell got Ashanti and I don't know if he has Charliese. Man, I need ya help."

"How?— Why?— Charliese is with Ana and me, but I don't understand how he got his hands on Ashanti though, she said she was going to the store, and what is he even bothering you for? I thought you were done with him after... you know the accident," he mumbles and I can hear the panic in his voice.

I let out a breath of relief knowing that my baby was safe.

I tuck my gun in my waistband and grab my knife as I speak, "I have no time to answer your questions. I'm gonna send you the address and you meet me there with the police, make sure they are all silent. Meet me there at 8:30."

I hang up the phone and run back to my car to go get my fiancée.

I flood the gas all the way to the address and pull up in front of the house where two big niggas stood waiting for me.

"Ricky and Mike," I mumble recognizing the two the closer I got.

They look me up and down as if they didn't even know me, but I couldn't even blame them. Without saying a word, they patted me down and took my weapons.

"You remember where his shit is. Now go there," Ricky said not even looking at me.

I let out a sigh before making my way around the house to Nell's upstairs office, passing his people giving me the stank face.

Without having time to react, I was pulled in a dark corner.

Lights were cut on and I found myself in a storage closet with my old close friend, Lucky.

"I can't believe you actually came here. We don't have much time... I had to give you some protection because he might try some shit," he speaks while handing me two glocks loaded and a knife.

"Thanks, Lucky. I'm sorry I left so suddenly..."

I began tucking the guns in the back of my pants, pulling out my dress shirt making it fall loosely, hiding the weapons.

I put the knife in my pocket, digging my hands deeply into my pants.

"Man, you don't got to explain yourself. I know what happened to your sister. What happened to her wasn't an accident, Nell planned that shit because she kept tryna get you out the gang and she was causing other problems. We got a few other niggas on your side in here if push comes to shove. You gotta go though before he starts suspecting shit," he says dapping me up before heading out the closet.

I make my way upstairs, tucking both guns in my waistband covering them with my shirt before flinging my blazer down the steps and rolling up my sleeves, approaching the guards standing in front of the office.

I didn't recognize these ones, but they knew who I was. "He expecting you," the taller one speaks before the both step aside for me to pass through.

I put my hand on the knob, taking a deep breath, before I entered the room, that I was once so accustomed , to face the man that I looked at as a brother.

_____